Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to source goods from China?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

If I were trying to source goods from China, how do I go about it? All I have is a computer to search for people to source the goods in China. Going over there is a little bit out of the question.

What is the best way of sourcing goods from China?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It really depend on what you're trying to source. If it's common place like pens and t-shirts, then you could look somewhere like alibaba.com

if you're looking for customised stuff, or expensive stuff, you should go there for best results

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi everyone,

If I were trying to source goods from China, how do I go about it? All I have is a computer to search for people to source the goods in China. Going over there is a little bit out of the question.

What is the best way of sourcing goods from China?

Thanks guys.

Hello average hero,

Be aware that Alibaba can be hit and miss. Some good stories, not so good stories and outright scams.

There are a number of sourcing companies in Ireland. They have their own people on the ground (a mix of Irish and Chinese) in China. They understand the culture, have a large database covering a wide range of products and reliable suppliers / manufacturers and help (Irish) importers to avoid some of the pitfalls when dealing with China for the first time.

I will PM you some contacts that I can recommend.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

I have used New Tigers, www.newtigers.com they are run by Brendan Waldron and he has office here and in China. He also has Chinese staff over there, he can get you what you want. He isn't cheap, but he wont rob you or rip you off.

I am connected to him in that I have used him, but if you need more information please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

You could talk to Shane/Dave @ EnterThePanda or JJ at the SourcingStore - both have expertise in this area

Advertisement