Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBusiness and getting goods back to suppliers

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought a product from a UK website over a year ago - the product has now gone faulty and I have been advised by the distributer and the manufacturer of the product to get it back to the company that I bought it from.

My problem now is that I have to send something worth over 1k to a company in england....and most courier companies only insure up to 300yo yos. DHL will do it for about 250. So that's potentially 500 euro to get a product looked at to see whether it is faulty or not...

? any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you're making a claim under the Sale of Goods Act (e.g. a manufacturing defect or unfit for use) then redress must be at no cost to consumer. That usually means the retailer must cover all reasonable expenses (so that rules out hiring an armoured van!), including carriage. It might be up to you to get it there for assessment and if the claim is valid you are entitled to a refund of the shipping costs.

You could ask the retailer if they will collect or have a local agent who will accept it, but you might just have to fork out if they don't.

Advertisement