Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will having an overdrawn current account affect a mortgage application?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Couple- 40 grand in savings, both in permenant jobs (one civil servant, one private sector),earning 93,000 a year between us,no other loans.1 credit card between us- never missed payments or anything...We are looking for about 200,000 of a mortgage. the question I have is in regards to currents accounts.
    My current account is kinda like my starting point of my money. I have an authorisied overdraft (400 euro) and the account just goes in and out of that after money goes to savings, rent to parents etc....Considering everything there would a current account not having a surplus hold us back from getting a mortgage. so by end of two week pay My account wouldnt be brimming with money cos it heads off to savings account and that...Its just my account that like that (not the girlfriends).....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Regularly getting in the red, even with an authorised overdraft, will be a negative point against you when applying for a mortgage. How much will you have in savings to use as a deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Scrap the overdraft and live within your cashflow.
    You don't need it with your income and savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

yeh it just something i got use to!! yeh meeting with broker and he said it not ideal or anything but shouldnt be a big problem. We have 40,000 in savings between us!

Advertisement