Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing and Design

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am not sure if I am in the right forum so re-direct me by all means, I work in a small environmental company who regularly publish reports etc, I am looking to do a course to help me generate slicker reports (text and images/graphs) and design occasional leaflets and posters (but this is also outsourced)...have seen courses in IBAT and griffith etc but seem very design heavy...I have some photoshop experience but none in Indesign, illustrator etc...any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

Advice from the Kenny Logins I am honoured!

That looks very helpful, I am the sort that benefits from a course and structure though otherwise I'll faff about

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

If you have the microsoft office package it may include "publisher" - you should be able to find a course in this I think Irish Times used to do one. If you only need to do stuff occasionally that's probably all you would need.

If you wanted to get heavily into design Quark Xpress or Indesign are your options but they are quite expensive packages and take a good bit of a learning curve. Fas might do some evening courses if you have a check or nightcourses.com.

Advertisement