Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incomplete UPC delivery

• 14-09-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

I signed up with UPC for their 100mb broadband and asked for the optional €15 USB Wireless adapter to be added to the delivery.

The delivery went fine, I recieved the modem and it hooked up with no problem and works perfectly, but I never recieved the USB adapter I ordered.

I rang the sales team and was passed between departments for half an hour before being hung up on. I rang back later the same day and got the exact same run around before being hung up on again.

I then tried replying to the sales email I was sent after I ordered but recieved no answer. After that I tried the UPC websites online contact form, but havent heard anything back.

Is there any email address anyone has that might help in this? I know I'm gonna be charged for the adapter even though I havent recieved it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Personally, I'd try call them again, but you could also try the twitter account

https://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

roast wrote: »
    Personally, I'd try call them again, but you could also try the twitter account

https://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE

roast I took your advice because I work in another ISP's tech support department and I know that the more contact you try to make the more effort eventually someone will try to get your issue solved.

I just spent my lunch going from Sales to Self-Install support to Customer Support to Tech support to Sales to Tech Support again to another dial tone.

Has anyone actually ever recieved support from UPC or is it just 4 people with transfer buttons?

Edit: Just to make sure its clear not blaming roast he's been more helpful than UPC has.

Ravenid wrote: »
    roast I took your advice because I work in another ISP's tech support department and I know that the more contact you try to make the more effort eventually someone will try to get your issue solved.

I just spent my lunch going from Sales to Self-Install support to Customer Support to Tech support to Sales to Tech Support again to another dial tone.

Has anyone actually ever recieved support from UPC or is it just 4 people with transfer buttons?

Edit: Just to make sure its clear not blaming roast he's been more helpful than UPC has.

You're grand! :)

I've had to call them a few times before. Tech support is fine, had to get them to provision a modem once, plus a few other random things. Cancellations team is fine too, but I've never had to speak to the Sales team, which imo, is definitely who should be sorting this issue out for you. If you call again, insist that the sales team resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Man that Twitter accounts a great idea, works like a charm too!
    Adapter to be sent out to me for Friday.

Thanks for that.

Happy days! Heard a bunch of good reports about that Twitter account too. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement