Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Mr. Perks, and why is he coming to town?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bhanni

A quick search brings up no results, so here goes.

Over the last week, myself and some friends have become increasingly frustrated by unnecessarily ambiguous advertisements around Dublin indicating that Mr. Perks is coming to town. The ad shows an anamorphic top hat waving a wand for **** knows what reason. Here's an example: http://tinypic.com/r/2r5qn8g/7

Perhaps we're simply ignorant of some awesome, super-hip enterprise and are due a good old fashioned social mocking, but we simply cannot figure out what Mr. Perks is. Some sort of x-rated nickname for anatomy? Is it a hat merchant? A magic store? A magic hat store?

Or perhaps its just viral marketing run amuck, and inadvertently am playing along with the marketers devious plan by starting this thread. At the moment, though, it could be Dublin's real-life equivalent of Gabbo.

Mr Perks is a branch company of Bravo Outdoor Advertising.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Posters in Connolly station are advertising that Mr. Perks is coming to Connolly, Pearse, Tara Street, Heuston and Busaras on 28/10, and it mentions something like "goodies on the go". Sounds like a shop or cafe type place to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Zaph wrote: »
    Posters in Connolly station are advertising that Mr. Perks is coming to Connolly, Pearse, Tara Street, Heuston and Busaras on 28/10, and it mentions something like "goodies on the go". Sounds like a shop or cafe type place to me.

It's a sampling bag type thing which is handed out to commuters.
    See above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

Big build up to a not very good bag.

2 packets of Silvermints
    1 Lucozade Sport Drink
    1 Special K Bar
    1 Orange Rice Krispie Bar

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Don't got forget the vouchers that expire in a couple of days....

I assume this isn't just a one off? Otherwise, it's disappointing. They were filming it in Connolly Station as well, including a dancing Mr Perks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

ixoy wrote: »
    Don't got forget the vouchers that expire in a couple of days....

I assume this isn't just a one off? Otherwise, it's disappointing. They were filming it in Connolly Station as well, including a dancing Mr Perks.

What vouchers? I didn't get any. I got my bag at Pearse and there was no dancing Mr Perks there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

I got two slices of bread in mine... no vouchers...
    @ Pearse St

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Shatzie wrote: »
    What vouchers? I didn't get any. I got my bag at Pearse and there was no dancing Mr Perks there :D
    Discounts for Irish Rail and Iarnroid Eireann. They're not significant discounts and have to be used within the next few days (well 2 of the 4 do at least). They're just codes though, so you can type them in online.

Also yes - a giant blue dancing top hat was surreal enough at 08:10 in the morning :P
    Nemothefish I got two slices of bread in mine... no vouchers...@ Pearse St
    Just two slices of bread? That's it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

Shatzie wrote: »
    Big build up to a not very good bag.

2 packets of Silvermints
    1 Lucozade Sport Drink
    1 Special K Bar
    1 Orange Rice Krispie Bar

It's always Silvermints in these kind of promo bags!!

Advertisement