Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody here work for Vox Pro ?, what are they like to work for ?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I did work for Talk Talk in waterford but ... nuff said, Id have to move from waterford to cork but my girlfriend is still in college in cork so I could stay with her.

Prospects down here are pretty bleak right now, Im paying a mortgage and will probably have to rent out my house to students soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

hi, i havent worked there myself but spoke to a friend of a friend that did. said its ok, pretty much the same as all callcentres. I used to work in Talk Talk too but living in Cork the past few months and have to say i love it here. Much more going on than in Waterford so much more opportunity for work.
    I hope you get sorted with something soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hey I worked for VoxPro for a short while before moving onto a different job that was more in line with what I wanted to do after college - no offence to call centre work intended!

They're grand to work for - the shift work is tough, especially if you're on nights as it can be a 9pm to 8am shift sometimes but it's a job at the same time and everybody I worked with there were really sound.

Apart from that couldn't complain - there's no shop nearby which was a bit of a stones seeing as The breaks are normally split into 2 x 15min and 1x 30min break so you couldn't really get up there - but it meant I always had my lunch in with me and saved a bomb.

Best of luck with it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

PaulieC wrote: »
    Hey I worked for VoxPro for a short while before moving onto a different job that was more in line with what I wanted to do after college - no offence to call centre work intended!

None taken, Ive actually got a BSC, just no jobs here for my qualifications.

Thanks lads ;)

Same as funnily enough - best of luck again hope you get on well there

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

my partner worked there fo several months and they treated him appallingly. Nothing but bad things to say about them from here. A friend of mine went for work experience and left after 2 days.
    dont ask me for specifics as cork IS a small place.
    Lovely place to live and there IS work if u look for it. Try apple maybe at least they have good benefits.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Vsolid

Ex TT employee too, moved to Cork and working for firstsource at present ...

Does anybody know what the money is like for team leader in tech support ??

I hear the hrs are pretty tough 5am starts ?? cant remember the last time i saw 5am

Firstsource are looking for TL's (or basically anybody who has experience would do well up there)

buddy if you are from TT world you will be leagues ahead of the posse !!

VS

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Billybobjo

I'm not going into details but avoid at all cost! Worked there, bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Any more opinions on this crowd?
    Those that didn't like it, was it because of a particular supervisor? Was everyone else ok? Or was one team/area worse than another?
    No names or anything like that required (obviously).

What is the starting basic rate of pay there?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Any more opinions on this crowd?
    Those that didn't like it, was it because of a particular supervisor? Was everyone else ok? Or was one team/area worse than another?
    No names or anything like that required (obviously).

What is the starting basic rate of pay there?
    Only issue I had with the place were difficult - really anti social hours and very poor pay considering the hours involved - zero shift allowance.

Barring that everybody I worked with I got on well with and had no issues with supervisors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The pay - how poor is very poor? Minimum wage or €10/hr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Billybobjo

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    The pay - how poor is very poor? Minimum wage or €10/hr?

19.5K, which is very poor for the type and amount of work.

I left them because that company is promoting members by seniority rather then ability and competence.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Worked there for a few months - hated it!

Most of the instructors are sound bar one or two.

My Manager was fine but some of the other managers were a**eholes! When you had up to 10 follow ups (cases) too deal with they still wanted you taking calls leaving you less time to sort the issues you already had and therefore you got a bad survey and then management would be on top of you - you couldn't win.

5am starts were a pain but in fairness you could get your follow ups done, not get a call until 8:30 so you were at a leisure to watch whatever film etc. you wanted.

As for the pay, it was €19,500 payable monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Really horrible place to work. You would get over the minimum wage but outsourcing call centers and this one in particular are evil. Leave your morals at the door, lose your dignity and for what? Have a bit of respect for yourself and stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

regress wrote: »
    Really horrible place to work. You would get over the minimum wage but outsourcing call centers and this one in particular are evil. Leave your morals at the door, lose your dignity and for what? Have a bit of respect for yourself and stay away.

Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Eek, my OH got a job offer there yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

@ chargerman..... Im in the middle of the employment process with them too... Hopefully its not as bad as people are saying... But from the looks of things, the money seems to be fairly bad for the hours of work.

Does anyone know if there is any shift flexibility? i.e. can you ask to be put on a permanent shift time of 12pm - 8.30pm (for example) for any day from Mon - Sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

yellowcrayon
    Hopefully you get sorted ok. I was reading bad reviews alright.

Advertisement