Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chutney?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I was making chutney on Sunday evening when the gas went, it had been bubbling for about half an hour.

I've only gotten gas today, the chutney is still sitting in the saucepan, I'm debating with myself as to boiling it back up and jarring it or throw it away,

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/573902

This is the chutney I was making.

I reckon because of the vinegar etc that it should be ok, smells lovely etc, what do the boardies reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you are asking if it will taste OK if you reheat & finish off - I'm sure it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Yea, that's what I'm asking, I have it bubbling away again there now so all should be good. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

eat some yourself before giving some to anyone else!

It should be fine, chutneys, jams and preserves keep for ages.

I've a jar of blackberry jam in the fridge that I made 2 years ago, still on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Tasted it before I jarred it up and it seemed fine, I'll taste it again after it matures for a while.

I've jam and chutney myself from last year and they are all fine, amazing how they last when commercial stuff goes mouldy so fast,

Advertisement