Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightly Accommodation

Options
  • 14-09-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

This is a bit of an odd one. My sister has gotten some part time work in Galway which will necessitate her staying there two (non-consecutive) weekday nights. Does she have an alternative to hotels/B&Bs?

It seems as though it will be cheaper for her to just rent a room on a weekly/monthly basis. Seems a shame though when it's only two nights a week.

Any bright ideas?

Comments

The smallest rooms in a house walking distance from town seem to be going at €70 per week plus bills

Does she need to be near her course or can she travel?

Hostels are an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fuff

She'd really need to be within walking distance of town anyway - I know she wouldn't be keen on driving in Galway traffic!

Good point pg633, I've heard good things about a couple of hostels in Galway alright.

Thanks for the replies and PMs everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mon mome

Hi fuff, I am in an identical situation from next week on - need two (non-consecutive) overnight stays in Galway per week (it is a an odd one for sure, not the easiest to arrange even with B&Bs) What solution did your sis decide on in the end? Any feedback greatly appreciated, pm me if preferable. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com

You'd be surprised how many working people get the head down in a backpacker hostel overnight. Once the staff get to know that you're working, they often try to put you into a room with other workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When I first came to Galway I stayed in a hostel for a few weeks. I stayed in the "worker's room" so didn't have to mix with the stags and tourists.
    Was fine.
    B&Bs will be accommodating if you give them repeat business, and the breakfast is better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mon mome

Thanks for the info, yeah wasn't sure how common it would be for people coming for work and doing midweek overnight stays on a regular basis. Would be for the forseeable future in my case, so will get on it. Thanks again

Advertisement