Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live billing problem

Options
  • 14-09-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

A few months ago there was a bargain alert for xbox live whereby you could sign up for 1 month subscriptions for 1 euro. I bought 3 and started a new xbox live account (I think it was a new account anyway).

I actually never got around to using the account, but this morning I noticed a 7 euro charge from Microsoft on my credit card. I'm guessing the 3 months are obviously up and it has resigned me up to a 1 month rolling sub.

I called my credit card company and they said they cant cancel it. I'm now trying to get in touch with microsoft but any number I'm given appears to be wrong. So first of all, does anyone have the correct number to contact?

Secondly, Im not even sure what username the account is signed up to. I've searched through various different email addresses but cant find anything about xbox live. If I just give them my details (name, cc number etc) will they be able to cancel it that way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/call-us
    Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

Yeah the deal with that is you have to ring up to cancel the automatic renewal and then remove the card (if you wanted to) by logging in to your live account online.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

Yes they can verify you by the CC number. They will ask you for everything else firstly and that would be the last thing but just tell them from the start you have not got the other details and all you have is the CC number.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cheers guys, got it sorted.

Advertisement