Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet

• 14-09-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have a question. I'am using magnet internet for 4 mounths. and I pay for it each mounths. But I reciive a leters from eircom that I have to pay 30 euros separetly.
    When I used the other networs before magnet, i payed just for internet and dont receive any leters from eircom, but it was conected through eircome phone line as now. I dont understand why now I have to pay twice more? I have to pay both tele(eircome)+Magnet(internet)

Sory for my bad english(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You should check with Magnet whether the monthly line rental is included in the monthly fee.

Is the letter from Eircom asking for €30 per month or is it a one-off fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 inkapinka

You should check with Magnet whether the monthly line rental is included in the monthly fee.

Is the letter from Eircom asking for €30 per month or is it a one-off fee?

they ask to pay 30 euro per mounths.
    My frieds use the same? they use magnet as me at 8 mb, they pay the same amount of money as I do, but do not receive any leters from eircom taht they have to pay 30 euros extra.
    I just get confused why I should...And on the webpage it sade that the phone line is included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

inkapinka wrote: »
    they ask to pay 30 euro per mounths.
    My frieds use the same? they use magnet as me at 8 mb, they pay the same amount of money as I do, but do not receive any leters from eircom taht they have to pay 30 euros extra.
    I just get confused why I should...And on the webpage it sade that the phone line is included

It seems strange that your phone is not with eircom but your BB is. Have you ported your number correctly hence automatically canceling your eircom account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Is both your phone calls and broadband with Magnet or just your broadband.

Your best bet is to contact Magnet to see what the situation is with your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Do you have a seperate phone service with Eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 inkapinka

Do you have a seperate phone service with Eircom?

I don't really know...I have moved a house, to conect an internet magnet I first made a phone line eircome, then magnet was conected. Now i receive two separate bills. Magnet-50 euro and eircom 30 euro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Eircom have a minimum contract length for phone lines. If you connected to Eircom before 22nd August 2011 you are tied into a 6 month contract. If you connected after that date you are tied into a 12 month contract.

If it is the case that you are tied into a contract with them it's really not worthwhile leaving them for phone services until your contract has ended, & possibly have a combined phone/broadband bundle from them until you are out of contract.

It looks as if you might still be under contract with them, though to confirm this & probably for your exact position to be explained properly to you I'd advise you to post on the Eircom forum - the official reps are very helpful & would be able to explain fully why you are being billed if you send your Eircom account number to them by private message.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

Advertisement