Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate spacer

• 14-09-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Can anyone assist here. In. Looking at getting a second hand wooden gate for my driveway but it's 7 inches short. Is there any place I could get 2x metal spacers to attach to the hinges to make it that bit wider? Photo of the hinges attached

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

no photo attached, but can you fix timber either site of gate ie to the piers and fix centre the gate between them might leave entrance bit narrow, maybe some nice finished / shaped posts halfed

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

Sorry,
    Photo should be attached here. Posts not a bad idea but I don't want it to look like I got a set if gates on the cheap (not that they are) and made them fit the opening ( which I am doing)

Any ideas?

Ahh crap! I am using an iPhone and I can't attach a photo on my phone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

fix 2inch box iron two the piller eithet side and hang your gates of this then and you can paint them up and all

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

Where would I get one of those?

Advertisement