Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW812 Temp User

Options
  • 14-09-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to setup temp user for builder that is working on the house, i have a gsm unit already to monitor and activate/deactivate it. My question is can i set it up to txt me each time temp user deactivates and activates the alarm. Is this an option, and if so how can i program this. I have full engineer code for the panel so can get into the settings ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can set the system up to text you on open/close of the system but every time the alarm is armed/disarmed by any user it will text all numbers that are set up on the alarm. It will end up using a lot of credit set up this way. An option for you to do since you have the GSM installed is when the builder is going into your house unset it remotely, then set it again when he leaves. Another option is to set up a different code and give this to the builder. You can then check the log to see what time the builder armed and disarmed the alarm if that is what information you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I would give the builder a code as he could ring you from his bed to turn off the alarm and then come in to work after lunch.
    The only way you will know he is onsite is if he types in his code

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Thanks Guys, i think just setting a temp code be the best Can i then get the log via the sms if i want to check if he arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

That is the best option. If you text (user code) log 1-21 depending on the log events this is, this will text the events to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Yes good choice

• Advertisement
Advertisement