Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Physics Book?

• 14-09-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Which book do you use for leaving cert Physics? Do you like it?

I'm adding a poll so people can have their say :)

Which book do you use for Leaving Cert Physics? 32 votes

Investigating Physics
    0%
    Real World Physics
    9%
    JaygeeNeodymiumsdiff 3 votes
    Physics Now
    84%
    conorodAoifumsjumpguyLunoEathrinRMLTaco ChipsmousiChuchoterSuperbusGlee_GGkilianmanningbren2001stealinhorsesDarkDuskclown2browniLikePiano99That Handsome Devilnot_so_civilClaireBearBoat 27 votes
    None of the above!
    6%
    donvito99AnamGlas 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

Physics Now
    Real World Physics... by Dan O'Regan I think? Its very good anyway! Don't have experience of any other books but it seems very good to me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

None of the above!
    We use physics now, but rarely use it. Our teacher gives us notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Physics Now
    Real World Physics, its not fantastic, bit messy layout wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Real World Physics
    Get investigating physics, its a fairly new book hence not many people use it. Its much more concise than Real World physics and the experiments are done much better. I have the two books and find investigating physics better.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Physics Now
    I like the Real World Physics book...it is quite good however I think that some of the explanations could be better. Overall, it's a nice book to learn from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Physics Now
    Real World Physics is pretty good imo, goes very well with Exam Edge Physics (which it was designed to do).

Protip: I found anything that was difficult to understand in physics (such as voltage perhaps) could be explained by videos on the internet muuuuch better than by text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Physics Now
    I used Real World Physics in fifth year which I thought was average. It doesn't explain everything clearly and goes into too much detail on some unimportant things.
    I bought Investigating Physics at the start of sixth year for extra studying. I cried the first time I tried doing questions from it. The questions in the book are far harder than exam questions!
    RWP is definitely the better of the two, although IP has a much better layout and is more visually impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Physics Now
    I don't use RWP for its questions too often, they are still far harder than the papers. Physics is a subject though I find I ended up doing a lot of the work online looking up videos to clarify stuff.

Advertisement