Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed first year arts

• 14-09-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if you failed one repeat in the summer in Arts, can you compensate and can you appeal?

If not do you have to repeat the one subject next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orlah92

I have the same problem and a friend said that you can, but i'd like to know for sure!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Eve1r wrote: »
    Just wondering if you failed one repeat in the summer in Arts, can you compensate and can you appeal?

Not sure if there's compensation to be honest.

With regards to next year, if you fail and want to progress, you must repeat the relevant number of subjects in their entirety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭feels2gd2btrue

Eve1r wrote: »

Compensation would already have been applied to your results when they were issued (if you could compensate it would be done automatically you don't appeal it or ask for compensation). I'm not too sure about appealing, sorry!

Yes you will only have to repeat the failed module. Hope everything works out for you!

Oh no, that sucks you poor thing.

I know you can take up another subject for next year in arts, pass that and then progress into second yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

nope you need the full 60 credits to pass the year ! I'm repeating 15 credits worth , same 10 credit module as last year and a different 5 credit module ! Still its going to be an easy year :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement