Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering and Contega FC Tape

• 14-09-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place so if not feel free to move

We are thinking of using Contega FC 120mm tape around our windows and doors of our new build to seal them but i am just wondering can plasterers just plaster on to this just like normally plastering a wall. I just dont want to put in the tape and then find out there is hidden costs as the plasterer says there is more work in plastering over this tape. We are not going for airtight house just someone said this tape is a good idea.

Any advise would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭adne

Katz83 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place so if not feel free to move

We are thinking of using Contega FC 120mm tape around our windows and doors of our new build to seal them but i am just wondering can plasterers just plaster on to this just like normally plastering a wall. I just dont want to put in the tape and then find out there is hidden costs as the plasterer says there is more work in plastering over this tape. We are not going for airtight house just someone said this tape is a good idea.

Any advise would be appreciated

Planning the same approach, how'd this work out.

Also why has the outer face layer of this tape got a strip go adhesive?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

I think you can plaster directly to this tape with no problem, are you drylinning your walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭adne

massey265 wrote: »
    I think you can plaster directly to this tape with no problem, are you drylinning your walls?

Yes seems to be no issue to plaster on top of this. Yes I'm dryline the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

well if you are drylining the walls there will be a plasterslab stuck around the windows jams so this tape will be behind it and will not effect the skim coat.

Advertisement