Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery

Options
  • 14-09-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey All,

I'm looking for grass livery for my 15.3 TB and 13hh pony. They are currently on a yard where I had been led to believe someone was working there during the day and feeding/turnout was included in price. But since they both arrived it turns out, I'm the only one going to the yard, week in week out. There are 4 other horses belong to the YO there too.

I have to call 2/3 times a day, fill up the water as the auto drinker has stopped working, mend fences, poo pick, and now facing into winter, bring hay from teh yard down the road to the paddocks. I spend more time doing yard duties than riding my horse and working the pony. The sand arena is over at the yard so with the dark evenings, it's too dangerous to walk my horse down the road to school there. They have just rolled and reseeded the paddocks at the yard so I can't use them til next April :( I've only have her 4mths so we need the school before heading off on hacks.

I currently pay 30e a week each for them at grass (its 60e for a stable) but that is really all I have for the €60. This is my first winter with horses so I'm getting more anxious about coping. I have a young family too.

I'm looking for somewhere with good grass turnout 24/7, that can do the morning hay/feed each day and evening maybe twice a week with somewhere safe to school. Access to stables in case of injury/illness too. I'm looking in the Navan/Kells/Virginia area if possible.

Sorry for rambling on, and thanks for reading.

Advertisement