Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Superleague

Options
  • 14-09-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone was entering a team this year and if so what team/league are they entering.

I did this last year and some people didn't know what superleague was.

The Elvery's UCD Superleague is an ''in house'' Soccer League affiliated to the LFL and run over 4 leagues on a saturday and sunday morning.

The 4 leagues are Saturday Premier, Saturday divison 1, Sunday Premier, Sunday divison 1.

There is no official promotion/relegation, the Premier leagues are morning kick offs 10, 11.30, 12. Division 1 is 2, 2.15, 3.45 and 4 o clock kick offs.

Each players pays €55 fee's to join a team and the league is starting back on October 1st/2nd. Must have a minimum of 16 players on a team to register.

Last season there were only 3 leagues (1 on sunday) but I believe there to be 4 again this year.

Superleague is one of the greatest and most underrated social activity currently in UCD. It is run by dedicated people and in a very sporting manner. Don't get me wrong, you will get cheats, divers, maulers and the occasional player who may like to cuddle you from a corner but even getting up for those 10am kick offs is worth it.

The league is covered in the college newspaper as well as the UCD Soccer website
    http://www.ucdsoccer.com/superleague/latest-news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

It's a great league. I've played over 70 games over 4 years. It's a great way of meeting mates for life and a great way to keep fit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

who have you played for ? just as a matter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We're making a team out of lads from school, should be good. When do we sign up?

Hey Adam you need to contact Diarmuid McNally.

The sign up finishes next thursday by which all teams must have their fee's paid in full before they can be assigned fixtures.

You can find all the information at http://www.ucdsoccer.com/superleague/latest-news/1184-ucd-afc-superleague-201112

At the very bottom is the captains notice and rules. Diarmuids contact details are in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It is a common thing that the team name will have some sort of sexual or paedophilic reference in it.

• Advertisement

Some do yes and some are just great. My favourites over the years have been AbcdeFC and Havent a Kalou. Others include Barely Athletic, Special Olympiakos, Sporting Lesbians. But there are a few ''homo'' ones. For example I play for Back Door Bouncers and we wear electric pink and black jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Can't wait for this to get going again.

who you playing for bigred?

leposean wrote: »
    who you playing for bigred?

We were the Football Friends, think we're going for a new name and hopefully a better season...

We only have 12 people, we need 4 more people who want to play and pay by tomorrow. Anyone interested? We aren't a high standard, just having a bit of fun. I won't be back online until later tonight but PM me! You can play whatever position who want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Do they accept late entries?

For those wondering can you register with 12 people. Your best bet is to play in Saturday Premier. Easiest standard of league. Thereare 3 or 4 teams who are just class and run away and then the rest of the league is reasonably open.

As for needing 3 or 4 players. At the captains meeting there does be a lot of people who turn up without a team, they get put onto teams who are looking for players.

As for football friends. We played you's last year. You guys finished bottom of the league but I remember reffing you's twice also and you definitely had some promising players. Best thing to do is improve year by year. We are in our 4th season now. First season last of 16, second season 15 of 18, last year 10th of 16 so looking for top 5 this year and have a great squad

For those wondering can you register with 12 people. Your best bet is to play in Saturday Premier. Easiest standard of league. Thereare 3 or 4 teams who are just class and run away and then the rest of the league is reasonably open.

As for needing 3 or 4 players. At the captains meeting there does be a lot of people who turn up without a team, they get put onto teams who are looking for players.

As for football friends. We played you's last year. You guys finished bottom of the league but I remember reffing you's twice also and you definitely had some promising players. Best thing to do is improve year by year. We are in our 4th season now. First season last of 16, second season 15 of 18, last year 10th of 16 so looking for top 5 this year and have a great squad

When you say the randomers at the captains' meeting get put onto teams without enough players does that mean we have to spot them the €55 each to get registered?

Sunday needs to be our day, like we have enough 'subs' who will play but won't pay, we just need 16 to pay €55 by today. Only 2 left. If anyone wants to play with us and pay the 55 by 3pm today we would be grateful

Ah ye, we have some good players, big problem last year was trying to figure out positions really. Which I hope we have figured out now :pac:
    When you say the randomers at the captains' meeting get put onto teams without enough players does that mean we have to spot them the €55 each to get registered?

Nah, they have to pay the same money as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

There was a pre season meeting on Tuesday which I missed because I'm unorganized - was hoping to trick myself up with a new team.

Anybody looking for a left wing/midfielder?

Left back on the bench/bus jokes will be appreciated.

Haha I love the names teams come up with;

Schalke 04Skin
    Chamakh My Bitch Up

Estragon wrote: »
    There was a pre season meeting on Tuesday which I missed because I'm unorganized - was hoping to trick myself up with a new team.

Anybody looking for a left wing/midfielder?

Left back on the bench/bus jokes will be appreciated.

Depends haha, I'm not being a dick but we've a pretty decent team and a winger is something i definitely dont need but someone decent enough could get it yeh, or who can play in the middle. Do you play or have you recently played for a club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

Depends haha, I'm not being a dick but we've a pretty decent team and a winger is something i definitely dont need but someone decent enough could get it yeh, or who can play in the middle. Do you play or have you recently played for a club ?

Cheers, but I'm out of it a while, so probably wouldn't fit in with you guys. I'm looking for some underdogs more than an established top team. A group of misfits with hilarious back stories and crazy habits that somehow manage to drag themselves into contention, even though the hierarchy of teams with players called Chad or Brad do their best to destroy us with nasty tricks and convoluted schemes, only for us to nearly get one back on the last day of the season, just fall short, but we learn something ...

Estragon wrote: »
    Cheers, but I'm out of it a while, so probably wouldn't fit in with you guys. I'm looking for some underdogs more than an established top team. A group of misfits with hilarious back stories and crazy habits that somehow manage to drag themselves into contention, even though the hierarchy of teams with players called Chad or Brad do their best to destroy us with nasty tricks and convoluted schemes, only for us to nearly get one back on the last day of the season, just fall short, but we learn something ...

You just described us word for word haha

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

20 goal a season striker wanted. Apply within.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 greendodger93

Do you have to be a student in UCD to join a team?

Advertisement