Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry's on the Green

Options
  • 14-09-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Has anyone been to this bar / restaurant? Is the food any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I went in for cocktails before, after having bought a Boards Deal for cheap ones. The cocktails were horrible, the service was terrible and the whole place smelled like vinegar for some reason. I never plan to go back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stupid place. Went for a few drinks a while ago, and they have drinks menus on the tables, listing all manner of spirits, they had about twenty rums on this list.

Asked for one, a particular rum that we've never seen on sale in Ireland before (the missus was on holiday in Jamaica years ago and got a taste for this one) and the waitress was all like :confused: - so we had to point to it on the menu - jaysis sake, educate your staff as to what's on the drinks menu why don't you :rolleyes:

anyway, back she came with the not entirely unexpected news that, in fact, they hadn't got the one we ordered in stock, we should pick another one.

So, we pointed to three others, in order of preference. We'll take this one, if you haven't got it, one of these, and if you've neither, we'll take this other one instead.

They hadn't any of them, and she came back with her own list, scribbled on a tissue, of the rums they did have - none of which were on the printed list, and all of which could be gotten in any other bar in Dublin.

It was the same with the Scotch Whiskys. I like a peated single malt - there were many listed, but all they had was some generic blended Scotch.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I went for lunch a couple of times when it opened, it was lovely, great service, great food, great menu.

Went for lunch in the last month or so and the menu had changed, not a great selection at all, I'm not a fussy or picky eater but it was very difficult to pick something nice. Service was slow.

Was then invited along by a friend with a voucher for dinner for 4 after that, service was incredibly bad, worse than the lunch time I had, the place was ridiculously understaffed so it took an absolute age to get any food. Now we were compensated with a free round of drinks but still, it left a very bad memory and I won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I've been there for cocktails.

I thought that they were nice, the place was nice and the service was decent.

Didn't really have anything to complain about other then, like everywhere selling cocktails, they were just too on the pricey side.

Advertisement