Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk and Today FM App Issues

• 14-09-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I recently downloaded the Newstalk App. When i try to play podcasts my browser opens and then shuts within 2 seconds. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I have the same issue with the Today FM App. Anyone have the same issues or have suggestion for a fix.
    Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Forget the stand alone Apps, I use Tune in radio and have never had any Issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I recommend BeyondPod Podcast Manager. Fantastic app for podcasts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

Hi All,
    I recently downloaded the Newstalk App. When i try to play podcasts my browser opens and then shuts within 2 seconds. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I have the same issue with the Today FM App. Anyone have the same issues or have suggestion for a fix.
    Thanks
    Pat

If I remember correctly those podcasts just start a download of an mp3 from their media server. It can take a few mins to download, depending on your connection speed. Open your browser and view your downloads. The mp3 will be listed there. (You can probably find the download and playback direct from the music app too)

/T

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

TeaServer wrote: »
    If I remember correctly those podcasts just start a download of an mp3 from their media server. It can take a few mins to download, depending on your connection speed. Open your browser and view your downloads. The mp3 will be listed there. (You can probably find the download and playback direct from the music app too)

/T

Thanks Tea,
    Still not working. Will check out the above recomended apps might solve my problem. Once i can get the Off The Ball Apps from them!

biebiebie wrote: »
    I recommend BeyondPod Podcast Manager. Fantastic app for podcasts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en

Thanks biebiebie will check that out!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Forget the stand alone Apps, I use Tune in radio and have never had any Issues

Thanks scudzilla looks handy app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

You can get off the ball on Google listen too (free app).

Install app then open.the browser go to Newstalk and find the podcast RSS feed and open with the app.

Basic but works well 95% of the time.

Keith186 wrote: »
    You can get off the ball on Google listen too (free app).

Install app then open.the browser go to Newstalk and find the podcast RSS feed and open with the app.

Basic but works well 95% of the time.
    Thanks keith

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intercepter

Did anyone ever get this app working ?

Did anyone ever get this app working ?

Hi intercepter,
    Mine eventually worked after upgrading to the latest version. There are still alot of bugs to be fixed. Its a fantastic app when it works though.
    Regards
    Pat

• Advertisement
Advertisement