Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yes another one of these threads..

Options
  • 14-09-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi there,
    i recently accepted a job on the model farm road and it's starting in two weeks!
    where would be the best place to live? I drive so somewhere with parking.
    I only know 1 person living in cork and i'm leaving a great bunch of friends and a good social life so any tips on meeting new peeps would be greatly appreciated as i want to make the most of cork city!!

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If you want to be within a few minutes drive of work, then i would suggest anywhere in Bishopstown or Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Wilton bishopstown or glasheen are all good choices with good amounts of rental spots , good buses , tesco nearby in wilton with some other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Ballincollig isn't that far away either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You could add Dennehys cross and Victoria cross to the list as well. Any where listed on this thread really - if I had my chioce, as close as possible. That extra half an hour in bed is gold every morning.:)

PcAngel wrote: »
    Ballincollig isn't that far away either!

In fairness loving in Ballincollig isn't conducive to making the most of the City, living in Bishopstown or Glasheen makes taxi fairs home much cheaper, makes little spins into town on the bus for a wander around on a Saturday afternoon a breeze. Ballincollig to Model Farm Road in the morning is quite congested too.

If you want a house share with similarly minded people Eagle Vallley estate in Wilton might be an option, personally I wouldn't fancy it but most of the estate is rented out to folk who make the most of the Cork City social scene.

I agree with murphym7, as close as possible to work couple with close to the city would be ideal.

If you like your fitness NRG gym in The River Lee Hotel is an option too, lots of classes and a very sociable crowd, might make a few friends there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

RoverJames wrote: »
    In fairness loving in Ballincollig isn't conducive to making the most of the City, living in Bishopstown or Glasheen makes taxi fairs home much cheaper, makes little spins into town on the bus for a wander around on a Saturday afternoon a breeze. Ballincollig to Model Farm Road in the morning is quite congested too.

If you want a house share with similarly minded people Eagle Vallley estate in Wilton might be an option, personally I wouldn't fancy it but most of the estate is rented out to folk who make the most of the Cork City social scene.

I agree with murphym7, as close as possible to work couple with close to the city would be ideal.

If you like your fitness NRG gym in The River Lee Hotel is an option too, lots of classes and a very sociable crowd, might make a few friends there.

no, no you have it all wrong. The op is looking for advice on where to live not her love life. jeesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wilton and Bishopstown you're laughing, just make sure you don't have students as neighbours:D
    Half decent bus route from around there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Rent will probably be cheaper in Ballincollig, not much in Bishopstown but they do have a decent bus service but not much in the way of great social life. I would say things will be getting scarce around model farm road soon with students looking for accommodation etc. Traffic around the CIT and FAS etc in the mornings is a nightmare. Wilton might be a good bet as there are plenty of apartments etc around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

thanks a million you guys, great advice! wow rent is expensive in cork but sure i was expecting that! ballincollig looks great but might be a bit far out,
    i am worried about wilton being full of students, i am 25+ so a bit on the older side to be sharing with students!
    I just want nice housemates( my last house i lived with three lads, they stayed in their rooms playing video games and barely acknowledged me when they did see me!
    moving down this monday so fingers crossed
    thanks again :)

Advertisement