If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE32D5520 vs UE32D5000 (quote)

Options
  • 14-09-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi!!

I'm planning on purchasing one of these within 2-3 weeks.
    How much would cost (including delivery)? Not sure if you provide discounts to boardies:)

Also, what are the actual differences between them? Just the freeview HD?.
    Are they both saorview enabled?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

May also be interested in the UE32D5000.

Can you guys give any info as to what the sound is like from that model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Yes, the difference is freeview HD which also supports MHEG5.

The 5520 is specified that it supports MHEG5 but the 5000 does not.

This is quite important for Saorview, so based on the specs I would have to say that the 5000 is not fully Saorview compliant.

Unfortunately we don't ship these at present as stock is very tight and it's not looking like it will be getting any better in the next few weeks.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards

Dave
    mariotr87 wrote: »
    Hi!!

I'm planning on purchasing one of these within 2-3 weeks.
    How much would cost (including delivery)? Not sure if you provide discounts to boardies:)

Also, what are the actual differences between them? Just the freeview HD?.
    Are they both saorview enabled?

Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Badger.

The sound from the Samsung models is O.K.

They don't have the same sound qualities as LG, Philips, Panasonic etc.

I personally would use a sound system with the 32" Samsung models.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

May also be interested in the UE32D5000.

Can you guys give any info as to what the sound is like from that model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

This is quite important for Saorview, so based on the specs I would have to say that the 5000 is not fully Saorview compliant.

Both of these are Saorview compliant, see here. There shouldn't be any need to check MHEG5 support etc. for new TVs - any worth their salt should be labelled 'Saorview Approved'.

<Snip>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.