Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Hitachi 47 drives work with XGD3?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

I can't find any info online about this. I have a hitachi drive (47) which plays XGD2 backups just fine atm (the AP 2.5 check doesn't effect this drive). But I have no idea if I will need to jtag to be able to play XGD3 backups or if they're not affected by it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

At the min no dvd drive plays XGD3 backups but as soon as originals emerge im sure C4eva will release firmware so they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sorry it's actually a hitachi 78 and up to now everything played perfectly incl. ap 2.5 games. Since all new games will now be in xgd3 format I updated to the latest 13599 dash and backups still play but ap 2.5 games don't now. Why is this?

EDIT: I'm running iXtreme fw 1.51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hitachi are incapable of ap2.5 checks, but upgrade your firmware just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

justryan wrote: »
    Hitachi are incapable of ap2.5 checks, but upgrade your firmware just to be sure.

A lot of my games are giving me disc unreadable errors now - not all, some work, some don't. I'm guessing it's because I'm still on 1.51? I'll update to LT+ 1.91 and see what happens.

Advertisement