Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body modification: Would you? Have you?

• 14-09-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Can't think of anything I'd do, but I do think this looks cool.

I'd love to have a tattoo but I haven't yet been 100% positive about any design I want. I'd love to have a blacklight tattoo. And I'm curious about what a split tongue would feel like but there's no way I'd do it.

I also wonder what more extreme versions of this stuff we'll see in the future. Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yah, broken links are so in right now.

7 piercings and 2 tattoo plans which will hopefully happen soon!

Dunno if I'd be doing anything extreme, just cause I want a professional job in the future, but I think a lot of it can look cool on people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I've got 3 tattoos, all easily hidden and I love them, think hard before you do anything though! I've a friend with a split tongue and it does look awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Ah is it not working? It's the lace up the back thing.

I know the piercings you are on about. Those things are only temporary to take a photo or a video really.

Was trying to find another good image, the only decent ones I found were on the same site or no longer available. :rolleyes: (apparently it's called a corset piercing)

It does seem a bit risky to wear around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Ah is it not working?

I just posted this so its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Wtf is a split tongue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Corset piercing?

They're surface piercings, which are very often rejected by the body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I always want to get my are who just a half sleeve done but ive i went into town and was looking around allllll the places and the designs they had on display just put me off it was all skulls and cross bones type of emo crap

Corset piercing?

:eek: damn thats cool!

• Advertisement

Wtf is a split tongue?

They split the tongue down the middle, so you have a forked tongue.
    Corset piercing?

Yep those are the ones I meant, thanks for the link.

Jeez! Corset piercing? No ta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Corset piercing?

I could be doing with one of them on me ass, maybe I could find my walking stick again......:p

They split the tongue down the middle, so you have a forked tongue.

Why? Just why ????

Yep those are the ones I meant, thanks for the link.

I suppose the next one is going to be the same but over the whole body with string instead of clothes?

Why? Just why ????

so you know how snakes feel

Lol

Why? Just why ????
    Well, if I were single, I think I might find such a modification to be somewhat interesting on a man. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Split tongue..? Ewwwwwwwwwwww.....

No way....If you want a forked tongue,buy a snake... ;)

I have 5 tatts for now...more to follow...

My Wife has 2 fairly good size ones,and at one stage she had nearly 10 piercings...
    Sadly,,because of her work,she's now down to 5...All out of sight...:D

Sexy feckin things though.......

For the record,,I hate the "Sleeve" tattoos..

Well, if I were single, I think I might find such a modification to be somewhat interesting on a man. :D

I would give him a go!

• Advertisement

I would give him a go!
    Exactly! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I've some tattoos, some piercings and some stretched ones at that (lobes and i had my labret ((lip)) stretched). I also have a scarification piece on my thigh, I wouldn't go googling any of what I say if you are screamish.

Know a few people with their tongue split, it's not really done over here yet. Other things of interest which people may not be aware of are subdermal and transdermal implants. Then there's bisections of various body parts, generally genitals :-/

Where is it going? Who knows, micro dermals and skin divers are relatively new. I imagine people will incorporate technology into it - as has been done with some tattoos, a dude got a tattoo that is some marker for holograms on the DS so when you roll over it with the camera your little avatar pops up. RFID chips have been implanted into people before but it's not really reported as much. Things will get more advanced, people will pioneer, push themselves and the available technology.

A jewellery manufacturing company in the states developed a thing called a tongue drive in association with some medical professionals. Someone who is paralysed get's their tongue pierced, depending which tooth they touch with the piercing it will do specific things e.g make their wheelchair go forwards, backwards, open their house door if they're in range and other such things. That is one real world practical use of it, here's an early report on it - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080630090821.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Naw. The logic does not make sense to me. You're making a permanent modification to your body in response to a temporary preference. Even if you were to sit on the idea for a year, going over it very carefully before executing it; a year is still a small fraction of your life, compared to the many years with which you'll have to live with the results.

I know an Austrian guy who got lots of tattoos, which was not a problem in the twenty or so years he lived in Ireland ... but then he moved to Japan, where the attitude to tattoos is very different. Visible tattoos on men are frowned on in particular. (Some exceptions exist for traditional Japanese tattoos, or little cute ones on women, but that's a different story.) He was smart with the tattoos - nothing on his face etc, nothing visible outside his office clothes - so he's OK, but he can't go to a bath house, go to a public swimming pool, etc. It's bad enough being a Gaijin, he doesn't need to accused of being Yakuza too. :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Will wrote: »
    I've some tattoos, some piercings and some stretched ones at that (lobes and i had my labret ((lip)) stretched). I also have a scarification piece on my thigh, I wouldn't go googling any of what I say if you are screamish.

Know a few people with their tongue split, it's not really done over here yet. Other things of interest which people may not be aware of are subdermal and transdermal implants. Then there's bisections of various body parts, generally genitals :-/

Where is it going? Who knows, micro dermals and skin divers are relatively new. I imagine people will incorporate technology into it - as has been done with some tattoos, a dude got a tattoo that is some marker for holograms on the DS so when you roll over it with the camera your little avatar pops up. RFID chips have been implanted into people before but it's not really reported as much. Things will get more advanced, people will pioneer, push themselves and the available technology.

A jewellery manufacturing company in the states developed a thing called a tongue drive in association with some medical professionals. Someone who is paralysed get's their tongue pierced, depending which tooth they touch with the piercing it will do specific things e.g make their wheelchair go forwards, backwards, open their house door if they're in range and other such things. That is one real world practical use of it, here's an early report on it - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080630090821.htm

Why did I google genital bisection:(

Seems I'm not as open to everything. That is just wrong!!

Will wrote: »
    I also have a scarification piece on my thigh,
    Ow!

Thanks for the link. Interesting to think how technology might be incorporated into this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have two, but both are sh!te so eventually going to get them covered up. Never got the attraction of lobe stretching although I do want a piercing of some kind.

I May look in to scarification as eczema doesn't really "go" with tattoos.

My cousin has awesome ones. A manga lady going up his side a full sleeve and a ship on his chest (he lost a bet, or so he told me. Still looks awesome though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I have four tattoos, not visible in office clothes. Wil get more as time goes on.

Not in to piercings, not on myself anyhow! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

I have one tattoo on the small of my back, got it done when I was 18 before I had heard the term 'tramp stamp'. It's not a big skanger one, it's small and I still like the design of it.

I have 13 piercings and got them all done before I was 18, I still like them but don't think I'd get any more. Have each ear pierced five times, nothing too unusual (have the tragus and rook on one which are both quite common now.) Also have tongue, bellybutton and nipple done.

I usually leave out some of the ear ones at work and wear a clear one in the tonge, because sometimes the kids in the class would ask questions about them.

I'm 24 now, and would like to get another tattoo. Not sure where though. Probably wouldn't get any more piercings, I used to think I wanted more when I was younger but I'm happy with the amount I have now.

I saw someone with a tattoo on the inside of their lower lip before, it looked cool (bit Emo-y maybe) but she said it hurt like hell.
    I really like the blacklight tats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lowrus

personally, I've had my tongue split 2.5 years now and wouldn't change it back ever, I also have my lobes and septum pierced and stretched, I have genital piercings, i'm fairly heavily tattooed at this stage, i have had sub dermal implants in my forearms but had to take them out to have my arms tattooed but they will hopefully being going back in soon, I never seen them as extreme I just always thought they were cool and always wanted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Lowrus wrote: »
    personally, I've had my tongue split 2.5 years now and wouldn't change it back ever, I also have my lobes and septum pierced and stretched, I have genital piercings, i'm fairly heavily tattooed at this stage, i have had sub dermal implants in my forearms but had to take them out to have my arms tattooed but they will hopefully being going back in soon, I never seen them as extreme I just always thought they were cool and always wanted them.

You sound .... interesting!!

I guess I'm pretty boring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lowrus

michellie wrote: »
    You sound .... interesting!!

I guess I'm pretty boring :(

haha why would you say borin?? you might think of me as interesting but others may find me repulsive hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I'd love a tattoo. Something on the inside of the upper arm, or, if I hit the gym a bit more, possibly a half sleeve. But honestly, I'm far too indecisive. I'd be afraid I'd be sick of it after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Haven't. And wouldn't. It freaks me out. I don't like it. But am cool with people doing it if they so wish.

I would never get a tattoo or a piercing of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

The list is long and not for publicising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I have a tattoo. I never even look at it. I've had a septo-rhinoplasty.

I would get vaginal reconstruction and a tummy tuck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tattoos are grand. Piercings..bit too scenester for me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Before the age of 18 I had pierced and wore jewellery in the following:

My tongue, lip, "Madonna", nose and septum.

I've let all of them bar my septum close us, not really into piercings any more, I'd like to wear my septum one again but its as hipster as **** now. I've one tattoo which I had done when I was 18, I'd love to get some more but money and wondering would I go off them like I piercings eventually happen is delaying that.

I'm intrigued by scarification, I've a lot of scars and one that I have actually chosen to get might be kinda cool.

Just noticed this is a zombie thread but hows never. Oh word of warning... I also had stretched lobes, my left lobe was always 2mm larger than my right. I got as far as 12mm and stopped, 10mm right lobe looks almost normal now. Left ear... not so much, I still have a big slit on my lobe and scar tissue from blow out! They're never ever meant to bleed, or my case turn my ear bright blue and start to bleed in the middle of a 5th year maths class. It was fun explaining what I'd done to myself to an extremely religious dinosaur of a maths teacher who's idea of being out there was putting a few blonde high lights into brown hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have two tattoos. Both are early concealed and in discreet places. Also have my tragus, surface tragus, tongue, bellybutton, lobes and I'm getting the back of my neck pierced soon.

I think body modification is cool, but I'm running out of things to do. I personally don't want my tattoos visible when fully clothed and I wouldn't get a facial piercing so I'm running out of options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Tattoos and belly button piercing, piercing gone now cause it hurt like hell and it turns out outies shouldnt be pierced .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I have 1 tattoo on my ankle and foot. I had 13 piercings at one stage but I let 5 close up now I only have 8 in my ears. I love tattoos and piercings if they are well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I think a willy piercing would be cool but I dunno if you can get them if you're uncircumcised. Also, if you were to accidentally get it caught on something it would be truly awful! :eek:

This looks cool:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/060/c/d/zip_split_by_x_fia.jpg

but theres not a hope i'd get it done. Not unless I wanted to remain unemployed for the rest of my life! :p
    I used to have my eyebrow done but my body rejected it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This looks cool:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/060/c/d/zip_split_by_x_fia.jpg

but theres not a hope i'd get it done. Not unless I wanted to remain unemployed for the rest of my life! :p

I don't think a bad photoshop job will affect your employment prospects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't think a bad photoshop job will affect your employment prospects

That particular picture may be a photo shop :p but people do get it done, I think :pac: Either way, I think tongue splitting on its own is cool looking anyway. I wouldn't do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

bluecode wrote: »
    The list is long and not for publicising.

Biggins alternative account!?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no tattoos or piercings and no intention of changing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If I won the euromillions I'd have got lots and lots of plastic surgery. I wonder what it's like to be good looking?? I usually try and avoid seeing a mirror anywhere because I can't stand to look at myself.
    So yea, I'd be game for lots of modding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I have 3 tattoo and have 4 more planned :)
    all I need is money now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'm not into scarification or stretched lobes. I've got 1 tattoo and I've got 11 piercings. I don't think I want any more piercings, maybe another ear one but I have enough on my face. I am open to getting more tattoos but the pain factor is off-putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

tattoo's aren't really that sore, I thought getting my ears pierced was worse

• Advertisement
Advertisement