Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body modification: Would you? Have you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Lowrus wrote: »
    michellie wrote: »
    You sound .... interesting!!

I guess I'm pretty boring :(

haha why would you say borin?? you might think of me as interesting but others may find me repulsive hahaha

Ah I used to have my tongue and belly button pierced - took them out when I was pregnant and hormonal, I've re-pierced my bellybutton a few times since.

Have a tattoo on my back that I hate! Would love to get rid of it and get something funky instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

hate tattoos, have 2 since i was 17, want them OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FlowerBunny123

I have a tattoo of my ex girlfriends face across my back.

I live by the motto no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Currently planning to get my lobes stretched to a max of 4mm- nothing too crazy. I have one tattoo on my left wrist and I'm currently planning my next one. Hurt like hell first time around but after 10 minutes, the adrenelin kicks in and it becomes a somewhat pleasurable kind of pain.
    Then again, I was always something of a masochist... >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've my septum and two in each ear. Used to have both tragus and rook. Looking into getting my nipples done too. I've tattoo plans done out for years, but it's the money that's stopping me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

the people saying tattoos don't hurt probably only have little ones...just sayin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I heard about Botox.
    That's cow poison, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Would love longer legs and a nose job but VHI don't think it's part of Plan B. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Would love a tattoo but it really has to mean something.. I wouldnt get one just for design like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I have 3 tattoos, all of which are easily hidden. I've had my lip pierced, but took that out ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Do the big ear lobe piercings leave a great big hole when you take them out?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone else think deus ex coming in here, i was sorely disappointed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

8 piercings and 10 tattoos so far, I want more tattoos on both feet etc but ive grown out of piercings a bit now at 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

have two lip piercings, tongue, tragus & lobe, nose... want more on my ears like scaffold.. but I'm a chicken so don't do them myself and hate paying so much for a two-minute job.
    Planning my second tattoo but can't quite settle on a design. Hoping to just take my idea to an artist and have them fiddle a bit and see if they can improve it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

In regards to surgical modification, I'd go for liposuction on my stomach and hips and, if they've mastered it yet, some sort of foot surgery to shrink my feet down from a size 10 to a nice dinky size 6. Honestly, it's just not fair that I have to live in ugly man's runners.
    I'd also look into getting my equilibrium recalibrated via stem cells (something to do with restoring balance in the inner ears by growing new nerve receptors) and new bionic hearing so I don't have to wear hearing aids and endure the small monthly fortune it costs to replace the batteries.
    It would also be pretty cool if there was somewhere of changing eye colour according to mood that doesn't involve sticking contacts in.
    *squeamish*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

My ears are pierced, once each. Thats it.

I don't want anything done to me and I feel a bit squeamish reading about some of the things people have done or plan to have done.

I like how I am, and I don't think painting pictures on myself or punching holes in myself would improve me much :).

More power to anyone who has any stuff done, but I would guess a fair few might regret those decisions in 20-30-40 years. I hope not though, for their sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I have 2 tattoos' and i want more they are so very addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I think a willy piercing would be cool but I dunno if you can get them if you're uncircumcised. Also, if you were to accidentally get it caught on something it would be truly awful! :eek:

Thought about doing that. Don't have a clue why tbh, suppose I thought it was pretty cool as well but you'd want to be cut ideally for it, otherwise it doesn't look that great. Plus it fecks up your stream so I don't need the hassle :pac:
    If I won the euromillions I'd have got lots and lots of plastic surgery. I wonder what it's like to be good looking?? I usually try and avoid seeing a mirror anywhere because I can't stand to look at myself.
    So yea, I'd be game for lots of modding!

But you're not a bad looking guy at all?

/no homo :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

1ZRed wrote: »
    Thought about doing that. Don't have a clue why tbh, suppose I thought it was pretty cool as well but you'd want to be cut ideally for it, otherwise it doesn't look that great. Plus it fecks up your stream so I don't need the hassle :pac:

But you're not a bad looking guy at all?

/no homo :p
    Jesus now it looks like I have body dysmorphic disorder or something along those lines. That post looks like it may have been a result of the withdrawal stages. Best to ignore it!

I'd get a tattoo like Tyson if I was financially set for life. Well maybe not like Tyson but I wouldn't give a **** about looking respectable ever again.
    I think the last thing I be wearing would be a suit anyway!
    Move to Hollywood and inevitably get plastic surgery though, they all seem to:confused:

I have had a few piercings over the years but currently none. No tattooes either, yet. Some day I plan on getting at least a half sleeve.

Do the big ear lobe piercings leave a great big hole when you take them out?

:confused:
    Once they're over 3mm or something yea, the hole stays!
    Not something I'd ever really be in to I have to say.
    Although they look cool on some people, just not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Once they're over 3mm or something yea, the hole stays!
    Not something I'd ever really be in to I have to say.
    Although they look cool on some people, just not for me.

Incorrect. Holes up to 10mm can close up

At the moment I have 20 tattoos including 2 sleeves, both lower legs and chest. Tattoos hurt, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    11 piercings, they hurt too!

Melion wrote: »
    Incorrect. Holes up to 10mm can close up

At the moment I have 20 tattoos including 2 sleeves, both lower legs and chest. Tattoos hurt, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    11 piercings, they hurt too!
    Oh, I actually had 3mm for a while and thought I remembered reading that it was the cut off point so to speak. I never went any higher because of that.
    Now I have them gone a long time though. I had to keep taking them out for sporting reasons and they weren't the easiest to put back in.

Advertisement