Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio Ghibli Merchandise

Options
  • 14-09-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hey!

Does anyone know if there are any stores in Ireland that sell Studio Ghibli merchandise, not just DVDs but plush toys, stationery, etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Honestly have never seen anything of the sort! Had to go to Japan to get my plush Totoro :P

Forbidden Planet does have some of the manga if that's any interest to you?

Online is probably your best bet though - alas, Ghibli is still that bit too niche in Ireland despite its cult popularity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

You could try Tower on Wicklow Street. I think I've seen Spirited Away figurines in there, but don't expect some huge selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hey!

Does anyone know if there are any stores in Ireland that sell Studio Ghibli merchandise, not just DVDs but plush toys, stationery, etc.

Thanks
    I'm going back over to Japan and the Ghibli museum over the New Year if you want some small stuff brought back. I could probably bring back a plush Totoro or Catbus and a few pins. They also do deadly postcards of the stained glass in the museum and maybe one of the storyboard books (They are quite heavy and expensive mind you so no promises) They even have a jewelery section but it really seems to focus on Laputa as opposed to Totoro or Spirited Away. (They have pendants of the giant and copies of the girl's pendant). I have been before so I have some stuff you might be interested in if you need it before for a present etc. I can replace it when I revisit. PM me if you want for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

The eBay offerings look a bit homemade to be honest, I was looking for a Totoro plush Teddy thing for my son but I wasn't really encouraged to bid on any eBay items. It's not so much the fakeness as the lack of detail and quality apparent from the photos.Don't wish to thread hi-jack, but I would be interested if you could pick up a plushie for me, can paypal you the shekels in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm going back over to Japan and the Ghibli museum over the New Year if you want some small stuff brought back. I could probably bring back a plush Totoro or Catbus and a few pins. They also do deadly postcards of the stained glass in the museum and maybe one of the storyboard books (They are quite heavy and expensive mind you so no promises) They even have a jewelery section but it really seems to focus on Laputa as opposed to Totoro or Spirited Away. (They have pendants of the giant and copies of the girl's pendant). I have been before so I have some stuff you might be interested in if you need it before for a present etc. I can replace it when I revisit. PM me if you want for details.

expect pm. New best friend:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement