Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Exam Appeal

• 14-09-2011 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately I failed 2 modules in my Autumn exams. There was a personal issue at home that occurred roughly the same time as the Autumn exams started that caused a lot of stress and prevented my from sleeping properly for the best part of 3 weeks. I have a GP's letter supporting this. Does anyone know if this is solid grounds for a successful appeal and how long the actual appeal process takes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Your best bet is to email or call into the lecturer in question and the head of the department but do it very very quickly! Make sure you have all your doctors notes with you as well. I'm sure it has to go before a hearing board or something to try and do it asap!
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

An appeal form can be found here:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/procedures-regulations/

I'm getting a module appealed as well. I'd also like to know how long the process takes, but can't find any information on it.

Also, you're going to need your exam number. The timetable on the sit site has been taken down, so I don't know my own exam number. Be sure to give them a ring just to get it.

Advertisement