Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to cancel UPC - Cooling-Off Period

• 14-09-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have had UPC package (Internet, Telephone and TV) installed since last Friday (the 9th) but I need to cancel it.

I see they have a 7-day cooling off period, so I am still within this time-frame to cancel without incurring any penalties.

However, their terms and conditions seem very confusing; apparently the cooling-off eligibility ends as soon as you receive the equipment?

(http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/termsofuse/)

Can anyone advise here please?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 7 days, which begins on the day that your order or contract with UPC is concluded or the day that you receive written confirmation of your order or contract from UPC

Sucks because usually it takes 3 days to have it installed.

If their services aren't as advertised, ie Broadband is slow, tv isn't working you maybe have a get out option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Shopping-from-Home/exceptions.html
    Exemptions
    Are services which have begun with your consent before the end of the cooling-off period

If the service is active, then the cooling off period is void. Now you can only cancel at the discretion of the provider.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I did this about two years back, and that was after an install of UPC. Think you can do it in the first month. I think I paid for the time I had it, and returned the hardware. There wasn't any disconnection fee IIRC.

Advertisement