Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from GMIT to Parkmore?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Are there any buses running around 7am from GMIT/Renmore area to Parkmore Industrial Estate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Chibodee wrote: »

I don't think that service goes via Renmore/GMIT. Check out timetable for route 9 below which does go via Renmre/GMIT

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1304951475-GalwayCity9.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

aido76 wrote: »
    I don't think that service goes via Renmore/GMIT. Check out route 9 below

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1304951475-GalwayCity9.pdf
    Looks like it's just the 06:30 service that takes an alternate route - the remainder take the Dublin Road i.e. past GMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

theres a shuttle bus that runs from the front of the college to the briarhill roundabout.
    not sure if thats any good to ya, its free of charge though.be handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

theres a shuttle bus that runs from the front of the college to the briarhill roundabout.
    not sure if thats any good to ya, its free of charge though.be handy enough

Tell me more!

Which college? How often? Free for everyone or just students (living in the two complexes up there?)

Most importantly ... where's it gonna turn around once the roundabout is gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

ciotog wrote: »
    Looks like it's just the 06:30 service that takes an alternate route - the remainder take the Dublin Road i.e. past GMIT.

Sorry. I was refering to the link posted by Chibodee in post #2 which (i think) gives the route for the workers bus not for route 9. I didn't make myself very clear did I?:o I was linking to the correct route for route 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

JustMary wrote: »
    Tell me more!

Which college? How often? Free for everyone or just students (living in the two complexes up there?)

Most importantly ... where's it gonna turn around once the roundabout is gone?

as far as i know its only for GMIT not nui, or cluain mhuire campuses. but it could go down to cluain mhuire, im not totally sure.

i just saw it a couple of times when coming out the gate of the college.

its free ya,(for students only i presume) no idea when it starts or finishes, sorry. ill ask tomo if i see it.

its a white minibus with graffiti-like writing on the side. keep an eye out ya might spot it.

hope this is of some help, ill be back on if i catch the bus tomo and have more info

ps, on another subject how fu*#ing stupid is taking out the roundabout. its serves a purpose very well, no need for this gratuitous waste of money......RANT OVER :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

as far as i know its only for GMIT not nui, or cluain mhuire campuses. but it could go down to cluain mhuire, im not totally sure.

i just saw it a couple of times when coming out the gate of the college.

its free ya,(for students only i presume) no idea when it starts or finishes, sorry. ill ask tomo if i see it.

its a white minibus with graffiti-like writing on the side. keep an eye out ya might spot it.

hope this is of some help, ill be back on if i catch the bus tomo and have more info

ps, on another subject how fu*#ing stupid is taking out the roundabout. its serves a purpose very well, no need for this gratuitous waste of money......RANT OVER :)

http://www.gmitsugalway.com/component/content/article/37-fp-rokstories/206-gmitsushuttlebus.html

It's not free, it's 80c a go, or €5 unlimited for the week. The times are there, it basically only runs ~8.30am to ~5.30pm.

Advertisement