Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs ate pack of mikado biscuits!!

• 14-09-2011 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

My dogs stole! a pack of mikado from the shopping bag. I had no idea till i went out to clean the back to find the empty packet, checked the presses sure enough,no mikado biscuits to be seen!

Will they be alright? It was one of the big packs!
    And here was me wondering why they didnt want they're food!!

Crafty critters are Jack Russells, must put them out of the kithen next time!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

ashblag wrote: »
    My dogs stole! a pack of mikado from the shopping bag. I had no idea till i went out to clean the back to find the empty packet, checked the presses sure enough,no mikado biscuits to be seen!

Will they be alright? It was one of the big packs!
    And here was me wondering why they didnt want they're food!!

Crafty critters are Jack Russells, must put them out of the kithen next time!!!!!!!!!!

As one whose westie is a senior member of Mensa when it comes to finding out ways of robbing food, I can tell you that in a one-off incident like this, your dogs will possibly be feeling queasy and sick from all that sugar. It'll do no harm but do keep a close eye on them in case they get worse than just a bit mopey and pukey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My dog has done the same with the plain kimberly, blamed my daughter until I found remains of the pack in their bed(I was worst mother in the world for not believing her and a bad owner for letting the dogs steal a pack of bickies). I know it was the bigger fella, he's the one who can reach up on the counter. No effect whatsoever on him, so yours should be fine too, maybe bit sick as said above.
    Also happened with pack of ginger nuts, various veggies, some mince beef, chicken fillets, steak and a large piece of sea bass, mine have expensive taste.
    I have learned to put shopping away faster.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

thanks just rang the vet to make sure, said they'll be fine, prob have interesting poos though.

The two of them are in bed now sulky heads and sick tummys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

What amazes me is if my fella gets a drop of milk or a crust of white bread he's sick for 2 days, but he steals all sorts and eats it and never a problem.
    :rolleyes:

If you go by size thats a lot of sugar. If we ate the equivalent amount of sweet bickies we'd be dead! (well pretty sick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

So what will you have with your cup of tea tonight instead?! or maybe give them a cup of tea to go with the bikkies!!

My golden retriever ate a whole block of baker's yeast once.

€80 and 2 injections later she vomited it back up.

Thanks be to God I caught her in the act, otherwise I might not have known she had eaten it and it could have been fatal.

Have to laugh at the JRT's with the sick heads on them!

They will be starving by morning. Maybe try them on the Kimberleys or coconut creams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

That reminds me of the time Jack got at my grandmother's birthday cake and ate half the icing off it. Now, I had left the cake on the kitchen counter nice and safe before I went off to run my Brownie meeting but I was only at the place ten minutes when my mother rang me giving out about 'my dog' as she put it. When I quizzed her as to how he got onto the counter, she had to admit that she had moved the cake to the chair in the sitting room and forgotten to close the door. Uh huh.

Anyway, Jack was on an sugar high that afternoon and ran around the garden until the evening when he crashed and slept until the next morning. There wasn't a bother on him though as regards feeling sick or anything odd being pooped. Half the time he can't find a treat if it's on the ground in front of him (or can't be bothered) but he knows where there's cake in the house all right.

If anyone falls down a well or needs rescuing, they better have cake with them or else Jack won't care enough to find them. Lassie, he ain't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My mam left a little box of fudge on the couch while she went upstairs, came back to shreds of cardboard all over the floor, the fudge had vanished, and they were both sitting there with little smug faces on them.

Oh how i laughed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I left my supper at the bottom of the stairs while I fetched food to take up to the cats. Lovely cheese, butter and a sliced nectarine. Crackers already upstairs.

WHen I came back wee dog was licking her chops and all that was left was the nectarine.

Upstairs with renewed supplies and the cat starts to steal the butter and cheese...

Advertisement