Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesaler

Options
  • 14-09-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Looking around for a wholesalers, I found this site: www.smallvolume.com

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Or somewhere based in europe along the same lines?

I don't mind paying a premium for reliability so long as the price is decent.tongue.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

a bit more info in you post might aet a response. - what type of goods, & what type of quantities, would help. There are thousands of wholesalers out there, but no use sending you to a meat wholesaler when you're looking for nuts & bolts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

I was mainly looking for collapsable bikes. I'm sure there is a small market for them in Ireland. The site I linked has some, that's why I was asking about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

barura wrote: »
    I was mainly looking for collapsable bikes. I'm sure there is a small market for them in Ireland. The site I linked has some, that's why I was asking about it. :)

Hello Barura. just be aware that on imports of bicycles from China, apart from the standard duty of 14%, there is an additional 48.5% of anti dumping duty.

The EU is very protective of its domestic bicycle manufacturers.......

Regards,
    Rudolf289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Hello Barura. just be aware that on imports of bicycles from China, apart from the standard duty of 14%, there is an additional 48.5% of anti dumping duty.

The EU is very protective of its domestic bicycle manufacturers.......

Regards,
    Rudolf289
    Yikes! That doesn't sound good at all! Guess I'll look for somewhere in europe so! So long as there is a little mark up, I'd be happy.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Very very small market for this type of bike especially since the free bikes came into dublin (being expanded to cork, limerick & galway) and its catered for by most of the large bike shops.

A quick google shows plenty of places they can be got both here and delivered from UK.

Here's the Irish shops from 1st 2 pages -

foldingbikes.ie
    halfords
    eurocycles.ie
    penny farthing
    cycleways
    mcdonalds bikes
    duff cycles

• Advertisement
Advertisement