Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Late to take up German (repeating 6th year)?

• 14-09-2011 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, im repeating 6 year in a new school where i cannot do business because it clashes with music every class...

i would have to do it outside school but i really do hate business, so i wanted to take up german, I dont know any german except from basic conversation and vocab, is it too late to take it up?
    will i have to enough time to learn enough to pass?

THANKS!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

Hi I'm repeating also and have been doing German since 1st year.

First of all there is a big gap between honors and pass German. Pass German requires alot less grammar knowledge then honors...but instead requires you to know specific vocab.

In my opinion it would be possible in a year, but you would have to be willing to put the work in!

I'd start by learning all the vocab you possibly can...! Get plenty practice at your oral....write out paragraphs on the main questions asked (the questions are predictable) and learn those off! Practice practice practice the tapework...put it on your ipod and listen to some each day and focus on the voacb.

The best thing you can do is make those exam papers your bible and try and cover as much topics as possible!

Best of luck! :D

Advertisement