Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge - Dunlaoghaire

Options
  • 14-09-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Everyone ;-)

After 3 years of living in Rathfarnham I am moving out from the house I have been renting since 2008.

Although I love Dublin sooo much my partner of 3 years lives in Newbridge and I am planning to move in with him. We can't afford to rent a house in Dublin plus his home in Newbridge is really spacious and very close to M50.( I am going to drive)

The move is going to be quite stressful as I always envisioned myself living in Dublin but the worst part is that my boss started joking about Newbridge being really far away, covered with snow and I could be missing days of work ;-)

I just wanted to ask you how your bosses and colleagues react to commuting? Is there some sort of stigma attached to those who travel to work? Are employers reluctant to employ those who are not local? I am a very flexible and hard-working person but I am fearing that the location can reduce my professional prospects...( I am a language tutor and really love my job) I hope I am being silly, I guess I just need some advice...

I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Cross posting the same question across forums isn't generally allowed. As you have an active thread in Commuting and Transport, I'll close this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement