Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€60k bungalow in need of renovation. What do I offer?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

There's a semi-detached bungalow in a place near where I'm renting. It needs renovation. It needs everything removed by the previous owner, some rooms need light plastering, new flooring, new kitchen, new bathroom including a new shower, and minor repair to the exterior of the house.

The absolute maximum I want to pay is 50k.

What offer should I make? Any tips on negotiating?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Work out how much a place in good condition would cost in the area, taking all factors into account.

Then work out how much it would cost to fix. Add for uncertainty and your time.

Make an offer with some haggle space.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a semi-detached bungalow in a place near where I'm renting. It needs renovation. It needs everything removed by the previous owner, some rooms need light plastering, new flooring, new kitchen, new bathroom including a new shower, and minor repair to the exterior of the house.
    How old is it? Does it have a protection? Are you banned from chaning or updating it? Does it have a thatch roof? If it has a thatch roof, do you by law have to keep it maintained? You seay new flooring: is there much signs of damp? Is the walls freshly painted (a sign the sellers are trying to hide the mould)?

Is it owned by the neighbour? If not, ask the neighbour did they ever have dampness problems? Having to replacing the floor sounds like cold damp spots, which can be fairly expensive to fix (according to past threads).

Advertisement