Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPR classes

Options
  • 14-09-2011 8:41pm

I'm contemplating taking CPR courses. Does anyone know where I could do these in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play man, everyone should have some knowledge in this field.
    www.firstaid.ie are Galway based
    Older threads

Grassy Arse!

Yeah it's also something that could look awesome on a CV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Try the Order of Malta or Croí in the hospital maybe. I did mine with Croí.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

they are usually done at night schools or within your company.
    BTW do you mean CPR with mouth to mouth or the newer version of just using compressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Fuinseog wrote: »
    they are usually done at night schools or within your company.
    BTW do you mean CPR with mouth to mouth or the newer version of just using compressions?

The most recent course I did offered both techniques CPR (chest compression bit) was advised for untrained first aiders (as in, those who have first aid but are not paramedics or the likes) and AR (that's the breath bit) was taught, too.

Either way, tis great to have either. The American Heart Assoc say that compressions are just as effective on their own, so i guess it's a matter of phasing out old training and bringing in the new.

Good on you BABM, I think these courses should be mandatory in schools and the workplace.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement