Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really frizzy hair

• 14-09-2011 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says I've really frizzy hair when I dry my hair after a shower. My hair is blonde and usually quite tight, it grows fairly fast though so when I have a shower it can only really be described as a blonde afro, literally! redface.gif I shower daily, use conditioner and dry with a towel (ie not air dry). My hair isn't rough, it's really really soft like a puppy's hair my friend said haha!

I'm male and have never used gels (don't like the look of it) so wondering if you could recommend any products that may help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Don't towel dry, you're roughening up the hair cuticles. Is your hair long? If you can then condition your hair in the shower, brush it through with a wide toothed comb, rinse and then brush once more. When you're out of the shower, pat your hair with a towel (don't rub it or tousle it!) to get rid of excess water, and then run your fingers through it or comb it again with the same comb as earlier. Allow your hair to air dry or blow dry it using a diffuser.

There are probably some good products you could use too but I'm not use to you about that sort of thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

try only shampooing your hair once a week, and when you have your daily shower just rince the water through your hair. When you get out put some Aussie 3 min miracle conditioner into it. It might dry itself into curls or you can scruch it with your hands and blow dry it .. takes all of 2 mins .. very handy. The conditioner drys into the hair so doesn't look like you have used styling products. I got this tip of a guy with a proper fro. My hair was long and fuzzy, so I surprised to find that it was actually just curly and needed some help!

3-min-mircale.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I dunno if I said it clearly, my hair is usually kept quite short so being frizzy isn't bad then, but around 2 weeks after it's cut it's quite noticable .. none of this drying into curls thing :o

I'll definitely try the suggestions posted above though, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

John Frieda does a reaaaallly great range in Boots. I always go on about it :P

It's a serum but ya only use a teeeeeeny tiny bit, literally the size of a 1c coin so it lasts ya for ages!

Give your hair a rub through with that and ya should be sorted :D

And stay away from the towels!! Just let it dry on its own! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I've tried everything for my frizz..
    Only thing that's really worked is paul mitchell skinny serum.

Was sucked in by the reviews here
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=47831/Super_Skinny_Serum/Paul_Mitchell/Styling_Products

Got it on ebay for €18 for the massive bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

Hair serum, i used to use a pink one.. haha use conditioner, try to eat oily fish, take fish oil tablets, IQ tablets are good, also good for teenagers and bad moods :)

Advertisement