Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz action screws ?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

ANyone know where to get hex head cz action screws to replace the standard slotted ones ?

Think it's a 550 action....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tfox wrote: »
    ANyone know where to get hex head cz action screws to replace the standard slotted ones ?

Think it's a 550 action....?

Patrick Mitchell Engineering Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I got ones for my cz453 from www.jnpgunsprings.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Very easy to make up yourself The threads are 6mm and your get a couple for cents.

Put the bolt in an electric drill and grind the head down while it's turning against a grinding wheel. Keep dipping the head in a cup of water to stop it getting too hot

By putting the bolt in the drill you get a nice even turned down head. After the head is the right looking/fitting shape then cut it to the correct length.

Its easy to do and i have it done that way on all my rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

clivej wrote: »
    Very easy to make up yourself The threads are 6mm and your get a couple for cents.

Put the bolt in an electric drill and grind the head down while it's turning against a grinding wheel. Keep dipping the head in a cup of water to stop it getting too hot

By putting the bolt in the drill you get a nice even turned down head. After the head is the right looking/fitting shape then cut it to the correct length.

nice one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

clivej wrote: »

On closer inspection they're fine thread, and actually cheese-head not countersunk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

tfox wrote: »
    On closer inspection they're fine thread, and actually cheese-head not countersunk ?

But they are still 6mm ;)

And if they are a tight fit again put them in the drill and grind them to a smaller diameter

tFox

That place I mentioned is a wholesaler for screws, bring your one in and they will give you a selection of different screws to choose from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

tFox

That place I mentioned is a wholesaler for screws, bring your one in and they will give you a selection of different screws to choose from!

it would be better if the just gave him one of the same size.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    it would be better if the just gave him one of the same size.

I meant in different heads and material, Hex,Countersunk,Torx,Posidrive,Philips
    & stainless, Blued, chrome vanadium etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

tFox,
    Are you sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

zeissman wrote: »
    I got ones for my cz453 from www.jnpgunsprings.com

Just wondering what this crowd were like to deal with and did you have any hassle with getting them into the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Just wondering what this crowd were like to deal with and did you have any hassle with getting them into the country?

They were fine to deal with. Arrived in post without any problems.

Advertisement