Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18volt hammer drill would you recommend?

• 14-09-2011 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Hi there is an 18 volt black and decker hammer drill for sale in Woodies at the moment for €75 reduced from €130. Does anyone have this or ever had it, would you recommend it, just be using it around the house not heavy usage, drilling a few holes for curtain poles and the like, probably be used more for screwing stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Does it come with two batteries?

I got the 18v dewalt on special in b&q and can't really fault it, was€100 from memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Does it come with two batteries?

I got the 18v dewalt on special in b&q and can't really fault it, was€100 from memory.

Not too sure bout the batteries but will check it out. Cheers for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

If just using about the house for light work dont worry about a spare battery. the likes of DEWALT have a second battery but can cost €300-€400 maybe more,depending on model.
    Woodies one should suit you,can even get same quality even cheaper at Aldi/lidl from time to time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I bought a ROK 24V Cordless Hammer Drill in Woodies for 45 euro last year.

Its been through everything and never missed a beat.Ive used it so many times now,that Ive lost count in fact.Drilled through solid railway sleepers,also drilled right through solid walls with a 18mm masonary bit too.

Great screw gun too,with plenty of torque for driving the screws home tight.

Absolutely great bit kit for feck all money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

paddy147 wrote: »

Its been through everything and never missed a beat.Ive used it so many times now,that Ive lost count in fact.Drilled through solid railway sleepers,also drilled right through solid walls with a 18mm masonary bit too.

some bargain Paddy, is it heavy to use?
    any idea where ROK is made, have'nt heard the name before?
    does it take standard or SDS bits?

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    some bargain Paddy, is it heavy to use?
    any idea where ROK is made, have'nt heard the name before?
    does it take standard or SDS bits?

Takes standard bits,but I bought an SDS bit adaptor chuck too.;)

Its a good bit of kit for the money and the hemmer action is rather good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Cheers Paddy will have a look at the ROK,

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

paddy147 wrote: »

would it be fit to drive tak-screws ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

just remember if you leave batteries lying up not being used they tend to loose their hold of the charge. this is only after the initial charge. some brands moreso than others.

polod wrote: »
    would it be fit to drive tak-screws ?

I think you mean "tek screws".

Ive used the screw gun to drive home all types of screws and bolts too.

Never missed a beat so far.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement