Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting FIFA early?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

hi guys my names adam and i make fifa videos on youtube so id love to be able to get it early this year! im living on campus at ucd and was wondering does anyone work in/know a shop where you can get it early? i know for mw3 and high profile games its basically impossible but fifas not as high profile :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gamestop in Tallaght are selling it the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

just the tallagh one or gamestop in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

You might get it midnight in a 24 hour Tesco, or you can ask nicely in any games shop might get a sound person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Try ordering it off gamestop.ie and choose express delivery. I got Deus ex on the Tuesday with it not being released officially until the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

xtra-vision are usually a good bet for getting the game the evening before the release date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    xtra-vision are usually a good bet for getting the game the evening before the release date

How would you go about getting it? Going in and chancing your arm that evening?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

James__10 wrote: »
    How would you go about getting it? Going in and chancing your arm that evening?:confused:

they just seem to stack it on the shelves once it arrives, fúck release dates!

Unless you live in the country there's slim chance you'll get it early.

Xtra Vision used to sell early but they got into a lot of trouble after a few early releases last year and not one in Galway City anyway will sell early again.

Would be much the same across the board as the likes of Game and Gamestop would have complained about all the Pre-Orders they lost due to Xtra Vision breaking the street dates.

I think they're a bit silly anyway, IMO if all the shops in a town have stock in then they should be allowed to start selling from that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Harvey Norman have broken street date a couple of times as well. If you're REALLY desperate, buy into the EA Sports Season Pass ticket...a bargain at just €20 for three days early access :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman have broken street date a couple of times as well. If you're REALLY desperate, buy into the EA Sports Season Pass ticket...a bargain at just €20 for three days early access :D

I'd rather if people just broke in and stole €20 off me. At least then I'd be robbed unwillingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

nobody getting it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RYZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_erG8FZO9s ea sports have an season ticket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Game on cruises street just rang me and they are doing midnight release!

I pre ordered ultimate editon btw

Game on cruises street just rang me and they are doing midnight release!

I pre ordered ultimate editon btw

Really? Nice. I've pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition from there too.

Haven't gotten a phone call from them about a midnight release yet though. I'll probably pick it up at midnight as I'll be in town anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Kinetic^ wrote: »

That confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Kinetic^ wrote: »

i have mine pre-ordered from there...the guy said they will open at 8 am friday morning!

No mention of selling it a day before :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gameeeze

anywhere else selling early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StoryRory

I have my pre ordered in gamestop in swords, anyone know what they are like for early releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

FIFA 12 Midnight launches in the following stores: Henry Street Dublin, Patrick Street Cork, Arthur Square Belfast, Derry, Mallow, Blanchardstown, William Street Limerick, Kilkenny and Waterford!
    -Taken from GameStop Ireland's facebook status

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=97785&articleId=152314&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

List of GAME stores doing a midnight launch. Mostly UK based stores, but has details of the Irish ones mixed in too.

• Advertisement

Just rang GAME in Limerick about prices. Prices are for both consoles XBOX AND PS3

Regular--44.99
    Special Editon---59.99
    Ultimate Editon--69.99

70 euro is a lot for a few packs

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

What is the difference between Special and Ultimate editions?

In special you get 3 packs every month for 6 months..

In ultimate you get 4 packs each month

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet. 70 quid. I would have went for the special edition if I had known it existed.

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, and already paid €5 deposit. Hopefully I can downgrade it to the Special Edition on the day :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone that ordered with gamestop has yer order been shipped yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rc1510

No just checked mine there and still says Processing dont think we will be getting this early :(

Anybodys been sent yet?

No.

My guess is that they'll start shipping out tomorrow.

No.

My guess is that they'll start shipping out tomorrow.

Really hope so:D

If they shipped it tomorrow would we get it thursday I done express delivery?

First time pre orderin from gamestop,

rc1510 wrote: »
    Really hope so:D

If they shipped it tomorrow would we get it thursday I done express delivery?

First time pre orderin from gamestop,

Yeah you should get it on Thursday if its shipped tomorrow.

I'm still holding on hope that its dispatched today though :D

• Advertisement

Yeah you should get it on Thursday if its shipped tomorrow.

I'm still holding on hope that its dispatched today though :D

Yeah same here you never no they just might dispatch it later with abit of luck:D Fingers crossed;)

Advertisement