Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting FIFA early?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Wonder will XVision have it in Thursday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

James__10 wrote: »
    Wonder will XVision have it in Thursday evening?

They wont.

I used to work in XV, the staff are under strict instructions not to release it early. Think a few years ago the company got in big trouble over an early release and now they are very strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DaceX

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    They wont.

I used to work in XV, the staff are under strict instructions not to release it early. Think a few years ago the company got in big trouble over an early release and now they are very strict.

The annual "will they release it early" hysteria is generated by the fact that some shops will jump the release date. Last year was the only year I remember where the Pro Evo or FIFA release hasn't been jumped.

Personally, I prefer to just pick it up Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My order with the hut has been dispatched! :D

Should have it friday, or monday or tuesday at the latest, but not dying to get it, since I wont get time to play it this weekend anyway!

Less than €40 for the special edition with 3 DKNY boxers included, good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Midnight Dawson Street GAME will be my port of call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Tinie wrote: »
    My order with the hut has been dispatched! :D

Should have it friday, or monday or tuesday at the latest, but not dying to get it, since I wont get time to play it this weekend anyway!

Less than €40 for the special edition with 3 DKNY boxers included, good deal.

Yep went with this deal too. Already got the boxers but have yet to receive email saying the game dispatched. Like ya said, prob the best deal around!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Yep went with this deal too. Already got the boxers but have yet to receive email saying the game dispatched. Like ya said, prob the best deal around!

Excuse my ignorance but why are they giving away free designer underwear with a football game?? its not as if there gonna struggle to shift copys and more importantly why not a free football like every other year??

JayJay10 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but why are they giving away free designer underwear with a football game?? its not as if there gonna struggle to shift copys and more importantly why not a free football like every other year??

First time buying from the hut so I dont know if they did do a football+fifa deal before. Odd deal alrite but hey getting Fifa on the cheap with free jocks to boot:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

JayJay10 wrote: »
    They seem to do this with all pre orders. Same deal for BF3 and the new need for speed. It was a good deal without the boxers, less than 40 quid for me since I used a 10% off code too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got the jocks + game deal from the hut too. got my jocks already, and last night got my dispatch email that the game has been shipped. i am busy this weekend too , but hopefully should be here by next monday.

i think the jocks took a good few days between dispatch and arrival :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 rc1510

anybodys pre-order with gamestop been dispatched yet?

2smiggy wrote: »
    got the jocks + game deal from the hut too. got my jocks already, and last night got my dispatch email that the game has been shipped. i am busy this weekend too , but hopefully should be here by next monday.

i think the jocks took a good few days between dispatch and arrival :pac:

Yeah, remember getting the email saying the jocks dispatched and it only took a couple days after that to arrive. However just noticed in the email that it might take 10-15 days for FIFA to arrive even though its says the game has already dispatched this morning. Hopefully its just a generic email and we dont have to wait over 2 weeks!!

rc1510 wrote: »
    anybodys pre-order with gamestop been dispatched yet?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rc1510

No

Hopefully later,

Otherwise will just have to wait till friday:( :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If I don't get it before Friday with gamestop i'm done with online pre-ordering. Probably cheaper and easier to just go to local Xtra Vision

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Tesco had FIFA 11 the day b4 last yr, and a few other games be worth checkin tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got my shipment email from Gamestop. Looks like the people with express delivery will get it tomorrow?

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Got my shipment email from Gamestop. Looks like the people with express delivery will get it tomorrow?

How long ago did you get the email pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

I haven't... :mad:

Pre ordered it about 6 weeks ago too..

16:23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Got the email from GameStop as well, got standard shipping so I expect it will arrive Friday.

16:23

Do you mind me asking when you pre ordered it?

I pre ordered it around 3 weeks ago so Ill be annoyed if its not sent for me as well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

I pre ordered it around 3 weeks ago so Ill be annoyed if its not sent for me as well today.

I will be joining you... Let's hope they aren't working from the latest orders backwards.. :mad:

shanekoaks wrote: »
    I will be joining you... Let's hope they aren't working from the latest orders backwards.. :mad:

That would be ridiculous if thats the way theyre going about it.

Ill give it till 6. If we don't get an email by then it wont be sent today.

Order date 15/09/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I ordered FIFA with gamestop yesterday and i haven't received an e-mail yet about it being sent to my gaf! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Order date 15/09/2011

I ordered it on 22/09/11 and got the email at 16:33, they are not quite working backwards but in a strange order alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Might have something to do with distances. People not in Dublin get it shipped earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Unearthly wrote: »
    Might have something to do with distances. People not in Dublin get it shipped earlier

Im not in dublin. Im in Roscommon and I haven't received an E-mail yet. Placed my order on 24-9

• Advertisement

Did any of the lads that got a dispatch email choose express post?

Maybe they're sending the standard post orders this evening to make sure they get there on release day.

Kind of defeats the purpose of paying extra for express post though.

Advertisement