Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting FIFA early?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i ordered at 4:28 27/09/11 using standard post and received the dispatched email today at 4:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I chose express and my order is still under processing. Il be annoyed if standard post deliveries arrive the same time as express and il be dropping them an email too. Why charge people extra? I'm Mayo based aswell so it's nothing to do with distance.

Seems really odd. Considering my last order with them was shipped on a Monday. Looking like now it will be just a Friday and even though it's 3 euro in the difference express delivery has no benefit :s

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rc1510

Toatally agree with you mate I will really be pissed off if that happends..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

joe123 wrote: »
    I chose express and my order is still under processing. Il be annoyed if standard post deliveries arrive the same time as express and il be dropping them an email too. Why charge people extra? I'm Mayo based aswell so it's nothing to do with distance.

Seems really odd. Considering my last order with them was shipped on a Monday. Looking like now it will be just a Friday and even though it's 3 euro in the difference express delivery has no benefit :s
    To be fair mate, they are covered, as I'm pretty sure their meaning of the express delivery is that you will definitely have it on Friday and the standard delivery has the chance of not being delivered on the Friday. That is what they might just say to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Why charge people extra? Because you are getting a guaranteed overnight delivery through a courier rather than through standard post which has probably a 90% chance of arriving on the same day if they are dispatched on the same day. You are paying to eliminate that 10% chance your game arrives late.

As for the people expecting the game to be sent out early and now are pissed off that they didn't get the same sent out days early again - IMO a select few of the recent released games were sent out early to generate a bit of publicity and encourage people to flood to gamestop to place pre orders for the biggest upcoming titles. EA are very very strict on their titles release dates and I don't think it was ever the plan to break street date on Fifa days in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Because you are getting a guaranteed overnight delivery through a courier rather than through standard post
    Does that mean they need a signature before they deliver it? Hope not, as i'm away all day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Why charge people extra? Because you are getting a guaranteed overnight delivery through a courier rather than through standard post which has probably a 90% chance of arriving on the same day if they are dispatched on the same day. You are paying to eliminate that 10% chance your game arrives late.

As for the people expecting the game to be sent out early and now are pissed off that they didn't get the same sent out days early again - IMO a select few of the recent released games were sent out early to generate a bit of publicity and encourage people to flood to gamestop to place pre orders for the biggest upcoming titles. EA are very very strict on their titles release dates and I don't think it was ever the plan to break street date on Fifa days in advance.

Yea good point actually. Could be right aswell about the strictness on breaking the release date. Especially as they had that pay 25 quid for early access thing. If people were receiving the full game on a Tuesday when people paid for that ea pass thing it wouldn't look good for EA.

Saying that though I think that EA pass is a pure rip off I can't believe people paid for it!

I won't get chance to try FIFA 13 until Saturday now anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I won't get chance to try FIFA 13 until Saturday now anyways!

a year earlier than the rest of us, stop complaining(had to be done;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

dublinscot wrote: »
    Does that mean they need a signature before they deliver it? Hope not, as i'm away all day

Gamestop send express post out through Nightline and they usually operate on a signature basis. If there is no answer they try again the next working day. I'm not sure if there is a special arrangement made for gamestop though.

Yeah it must of been the standard deliveries sent out first.

Is there not a chance they'll arrive tomorrow though if they were sent today so standard delivery could be delivered before express?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Most of the bigger games have clauses where the stores can't ship until the day or two before. If your order hasn't been dispatched on the gamestop website I wouldn't worry because games Ive ordered before arrived and the site still said processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Would Tesco sell this at midnight tommorow??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I assume so yea. Still no word on the price yet?? I assume it will be in the papers tomorrow if they are selling it cheap. That's what they normally do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mine is so id imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Staff in Tesco (Wexford mind you) just confirmed that Tesco will be on the shelves for midnight.

In other words, go in around 11 or so and it will be there. If not, they are going to be pretty worried about the sleepy eyed geezer hanging around the dairy section, peeking at the games until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

My order still says processing on the gamestop website but I don't care as a lovely lady from Nightline just delivered it to my hall door :cool:

Mine just arrived as well pal :D:D:D:D:D

Enjoy, I've to hit work! :(

I'm guessing you're in the Raheny area so, unless they have a few vans hitting the city :cool:

No I'm actually nowhere near Raheny so they must have a few going around.

At least you were there before work to get it because they wont deliver it till the next working day if theres no one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

I take all my threats back! Mine has just landed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shanekoaks wrote: »

Lads did ye order express post or regular?mines still processing ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Anybody outside Dublin get theres from gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

shanekoaks wrote: »

Mine was express..

Also, I'm in Galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Did anybody who ordered the game via gamestop and opted for normal delivery get the game yet? I am not expecting it get it till tomorrow but it would be nice if i found the game lying on the floor when i get home from work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

I'm in Roscommon and mine just landed from gamestop. Express. I'm of to play myself into a coma now!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Still no sign in Cork... (express btw)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Still no sign in Cork...

Good to know,we might get lucky yet!!!

Express post for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Has anyone walked into a shop today and got it over the counter?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

whycliff wrote: »
    Has anyone walked into a shop today and got it over the counter?
    No... its out tomorrow or midnight tonight in some shops.

Advertisement