Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting FIFA early?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Balls I paid for the ultimate edition and only got standard so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mine arrived from Gamestop:D

They have just ensured all future payments from me for games:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Wonder if I went into my local xtra vision shop tonight at closing time would I be able to get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

James__10 wrote: »
    Wonder if I went into my local xtra vision shop tonight at closing time would I be able to get it :pac:

More than likely you would. Xtravision are notorious for breaking street date.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

buyer95 wrote: »
    More than likely you would. Xtravision are notorious for breaking street date.

The last game I remember getting early from Xtra-Vision was GTA Vice City. In my experience they are one of the strictest for abiding by the release date. I'll get it in the morning in Tesco on the way to college if it's not out tonight, which I suspect it won't be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You won't.

This is the third time an Xtravision employee or someone who has worked there has told you there is no chance, as Xtravision got stung a year or two ago. At your local Xtravision there are a big pile of copies of FIFA 12 sitting on a shelf in the back, one with your name on it, under a big sticker that says "DO NOT SELL UNTILL 30/9/11!". It happens for every game, they only get deliveries on Thursday and the staff no not to let games out untill the Friday.

I know it sucks, but just wait untill the morning. But please stop asking the price, its €49.99 by the way, and if there is any chance of them selling early. Just do what I'm doing and occupy yourself untill its time for bed. Spurs v Shamrock Rovers at 7.30, I've got a Madden league match to play and I'm watching a few episodes of The Wire. Boom, Friday. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I'm heading into town to gamestop or game for the midnight release but i never pre booked it, Does anybody know is the midnight release only for people who pre booked or can anybody turn up and get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You won't.

This is the third time an Xtravision employee or someone who has worked there has told you there is no chance, as Xtravision got stung a year or two ago. At your local Xtravision there are a big pile of copies of FIFA 12 sitting on a shelf in the back, one with your name on it, under a big sticker that says "DO NOT SELL UNTILL 30/9/11!". It happens for every game, they only get deliveries on Thursday and the staff no not to let games out untill the Friday.

I know it sucks, but just wait untill the morning. But please stop asking the price, its €49.99 by the way, and if there is any chance of them selling early. Just do what I'm doing and occupy yourself untill its time for bed. Spurs v Shamrock Rovers at 7.30, I've got a Madden league match to play and I'm watching a few episodes of The Wire. Boom, Friday. ;)

Haha! Hate waiting around, **** this i'm away out for a few pints ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Gamestop in the crescent Limerick aren't doing a midnight release, they are opening at 8 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Haha! Hate waiting around, **** this i'm away out for a few pints ;)

The more you drink the quicker you KO the quicker its Friday. I like your style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone know if xtravision sundrive is doing midnight release?..i didnt pre-book by the way, cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Saaron wrote: »
    I'm heading into town to gamestop or game for the midnight release but i never pre booked it, Does anybody know is the midnight release only for people who pre booked or can anybody turn up and get it?
    you can just turn up. there open until about 1:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tesco doing a midnight release? Not up early tomorrow so tempted to go pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gameeeze

is anywhere near rathmines selling at midnight or dundrum if its confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gameeeze wrote: »
    is anywhere near rathmines selling at midnight or dundrum if its confirmed

According to this post game are doing midnight launch in Dundrum. I imagine you can get it from tesco there too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74663112&postcount=163

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

got it in tesco wex, delighted.. Off to play, Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You won't.

I got pro evo last year on the Thursday before it was released in Xtra-Vision in Kimmage. It was on the shelf at about 8pm.

Good times :D

Then I realised it was **** and Fifa was for me :p

Advertisement