Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to wear Hijab

• 14-09-2011 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Salaam guys,
    I have 2 questions: 1. How to wear Hijab?
    2. Where to get some in Limerick?

Thanks,
    Bevvie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Abu Baraa

Hijab comes from the Arabic word حجب which means to cover. It is not simply a head scarf as some believe but a way of covering your entire body - sadly many are ignorant of this. I saw a sister one day wearing a head scarf with shorts and T shirt and that was in a Muslim country.

There is a difference of opinion on how much a woman should cover, one opinion saying everything but the hands and face and the other saying the face must also be covered. I think the first opinion is correct and it is held by Sheikh Al Albani.

Clothes however should be loose and not attractive in that they draw the attention of men.

Maybe you could contact your local mosque or even the Islamic cultural centre in Dublin and they can put you in contact with some Muslim Women or you could improvise and use a shawl or scarf of some kind. Maybe youtube has a tutorial video on how to wear one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

Maybe you could contact your local mosque or even the Islamic cultural centre in Dublin and they can put you in contact with some Muslim Women or you could improvise and use a shawl or scarf of some kind. Maybe youtube has a tutorial video on how to wear one

I'll try that thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos on how to wear hijab:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Hiya Bevvie,

I spotted a couple of Muslim girls lately wearing headscarves as depicted in the video above, but what made us grin at each other was that I was wearing the same scarf, but around my neck, and they were all gotten in Penneys!

As an aside, a google on "muslim fashion" will get lots of really interesting blogs and websites on how individual women adhere to hijab in their own way.

All the best :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement