Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two questions

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

1. On Blackboard, under course documents, is there any way to simply open the docs to be displayed on the webpage, as opposed to them downloading automatically? I'm using Chrome for Mac.

2. Where is the best/cheapest place to get printing done on campus? I heard the Daedelus building isn't bad, what are the queues like there compared to the library?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

1, you should be able to view all your blackboard files online, try using a different browser, it might be different for a mac though

2, the price of printing is the same no matter where you go on campus and only varies for type of paper, black/ white etc. the deadlus is all right thats where the it centre is and i think thats where the majority of the printers are, but there should be a printer in ever building, im not sure how many they have in the library but i know there are fewer in the art block because they are upgrading them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

itchyblood wrote: »
    Cheers mate.

no worries, tis a bitch to get used to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Where ever there are computers there will be a printer. Even some of the SUAS stations have printers. There's never really a queue for them, though on the last day of terms there can sometimes be a little bit of a queue as a lot of courses will have assignments due for the end of term. Even still its not that bad.

It costs 5c per page for black and white, I think, and 10/15c for colour. If you have loads to print off it can be worthwhile shopping around (in town etc.) to find somewhere a bit cheaper, or buy your own printer which can be handy in the long run.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Re: your first question, it depends on the documents. PDFs should be viewable within the browser. Although Chrome's built-in PDF viewer is kinda crap and afaik is disabled by default. Safari is better for this. Other documents such as Word and Powerpoint files have to be downloaded. That's how it is on the Mac anyway. On Windows you can probably open these files in another program without saving them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement