Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What social media?

• 14-09-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

What social media do you use and how often?

I use Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook and FourSquare.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

jp, it all depends. Do you use it for personal or business purpose? Those are quite different and are pursuing different goals.
    Personally use twitter mostly, a bit of facebook, a bit of linkedin and very little bit of google plus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 karablack037

The term Social Media refers to the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue. Social media take on many different forms, including Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I use Twitter very day, I love it, I use it much more than forums for instance. I like how you can interact with so many without needing (on the whole) to send requests and go through the "how do I know you" nonsense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaneLad

Twitter & FB on a daily basis, StumbleUpon - every couple a days, Linkedin - once a week or so, Then I have a youtube which I practically never touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Boards and Facebook mainly and I started using Google+ but not on it daily, Twitter every now and again. I have my own website and a life blog. I use a site to every now and again for photography but I've been inactive for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

angel01 wrote: »
    I use Twitter very day, I love it, I use it much more than forums for instance. I like how you can interact with so many without needing (on the whole) to send requests and go through the "how do I know you" nonsense :D

Jesus...you're eh...prolific!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Jesus...you're eh...prolific!

I love it... I am not ashamed, best invention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

VMotion wrote: »
    jp, it all depends. Do you use it for personal or business purpose? Those are quite different and are pursuing different goals.
    Personally use twitter mostly, a bit of facebook, a bit of linkedin and very little bit of google plus.

I use various facets of social media for business and pleasure to be honest, I use HootSuite to connect to them all via one tool. Personal favorite is Twitter.
    The term Social Media refers to the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue. Social media take on many different forms, including Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking.

Yes I am aware of that, I didn't state that it didn't as far as I am aware. I love podcasts but don't really make them myself. Never been a massive fan of Flickr and such sites.
    angel01 wrote: »

Twitter is very useful for simply connecting to the masses in my opinion, like you say.
    ShaneLad wrote: »
    Twitter & FB on a daily basis, StumbleUpon - every couple a days, Linkedin - once a week or so, Then I have a youtube which I practically never touch!

Actually I missed SU, great site.
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Boards and Facebook mainly and I started using Google+ but not on it daily, Twitter every now and again. I have my own website and a life blog. I use a site to every now and again for photography but I've been inactive for a few weeks.

Really yet to be convinced by G+, however the plans they have for business and games, and APIs means that they may catch up very quickly soon.

Advertisement