Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A spot of replanting/aquascaping today

Options
  • 14-09-2011 11:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

...all done by my girlfriend today.She cleaned it out completely and bought in a heap of lovely different plants and replanted it.

The plants that she left in there are flying in the tank now thanks to the Digital CO2 system.

The water and PH levels are bang on the money.

A healthy 6.6,water temp is a constant 29 degrees C.

My girlfriend also has the Discuss feeding out of her hand now,they have become that friendly to us all.They seem to love bloodworm.

I want to get another 2 Discuss and some more cardinal tetras this weekend comming.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Really nice set up. My last attempt with discus was over 8 yrs ago and I really struggled to control the plants so congrats on that.

I was in Maidenhead aquatics last weekend just outside Carlow and they have beautiful discus at the moment.Might be a bit far from you though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

scwazrh wrote: »
    Really nice set up. My last attempt with discus was over 8 yrs ago and I really struggled to control the plants so congrats on that.

I was in Maidenhead aquatics last weekend just outside Carlow and they have beautiful discus at the moment.Might be a bit far from you though..

Nice drive for my other half so.

Shes doing all the driving these days,Im just a passenger.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Stunning setup. Well done, nice job.

More Cardinals would look great. Do you have any Catfish/Pleco's in the tank?

donal2000 wrote: »
    Stunning setup. Well done, nice job.

More Cardinals would look great. Do you have any Catfish/Pleco's in the tank?

3 bristlenose plecs in the tank.

They grow to a max of about 4.5 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

The tank looks stunning, really impressive. Thats some creative planting. What CO2 system are you using to get it looking so well and did you have to re-home the fish while you were replanting or were they happy enough?

• Advertisement

cdb wrote: »
    The tank looks stunning, really impressive. Thats some creative planting. What CO2 system are you using to get it looking so well and did you have to re-home the fish while you were replanting or were they happy enough?

Its a Pro-Flora M603 digital CO2 system.

But I ditched the small CO2 tank that Pro Flora supply,and I went and bought a larger and fully filled CO2 tank off a company in Dublin for 50 euro.

This bigger CO2 tank will last around 6-7 months and a refill is around 25 euro.When the big tank needs a refill,we will just use the small Pro Flora tank as a backup,while the bigger tank is off getting refilled.

The fish just moved over to the side and back of the tank,as my girlfriend carefully replanted and manouvered things around.She has the fish feeding out of her hand.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Awesome set up!

Any tips on where to get plants in and around Dublin, haven't seen much choice in the pet shops I've tried so far.

Cheers!
    Al.

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Awesome set up!

Any tips on where to get plants in and around Dublin, haven't seen much choice in the pet shops I've tried so far.

Cheers!
    Al.

Maxi Zoo in Finglas,Petstop in Airside,Swords,Seahorse Aquariams in Balymount.

Thats where she gets her plants from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SureHome.ie

+1 for seahorse aquariums , also try Maidenhead aquatics in Carlow , both shops are extremely high quality

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

seahorse aquariums balymount and fintastic aquatics dunlaoighaire have tropica plants in stock, excellent plants

• Advertisement
Advertisement