Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Status

• 15-09-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with the amount of people on social welfare in a single household, both my parents and my older brother are receiving social welfare atm, but currently i have no source of income due to college plans getting flushed down an overused toilet... but if i sign on to social welfare will my familys welfare payments be reduced because that will defeat the purpose of me having to sign on and it will not make things any better, i dont like reling on other people, id like to have my own money to pay for my own ways instead on being an already bigger drain on the household.... i already registered with fas but they said the availabilty of courses are very slim not many options left im afraid, but any feedback on the topic or people who are in similar postions would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

can't help you there but you might get some better answers over here. Or you could try dropping into the citizens advice place up on the yellow road they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It seems to depend on your age. If your about 18, the most you can get is €100 per week. I know atleast one family with all adults in the house claiming.

The father is claiming for all others as dependents in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If you are 24 years of age or under and you are living with a parent or a step-parent in the family home, some of your parents' income will also be taken into account in the assessment for Jobseeker's Allowance. The Department call this an assessment of the 'benefit and privilege' you get from living with your parents. Find out more about how living with your parents is assessed in the means test.

Advertisement