Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby in bed...yay or nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MelanieB

Oh not to worry = sorry to sound defensive! :) Thats why we post on these boards for peoples different opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

MelanieB wrote: »
    Your absolutely right, it isn't recommended, especially if you're drunk or on something, prescription or NON-presecription drugs. However, I was neither and the only option was to spend the night awake instead, so not much of choice especially as I was breastfeeding too. I was told not to do it by my PHN but she also said its personal choice and this is not my first baby. I spent the whole night sitting up with a slight recline as it was killing me back being at 90% but baby was unable to lay down till colic AND reflux had gone.

The actual figures relate to co-sleeping in bed, where there is more chance of actually turning over onto the baby, but it is the same thing.

Its amazing how you can be in half sleep / half awake mode. I often slept with her on my chest, sitting upright in bed with a chair turned backwards at the side of the bed. Totally madness but I never dropped her.

Of course this was in the first few weeks. In saying that I would not have let anyone other than me and my partner sleep in the bed with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

i put her in the bed with us every morning, gets at least an hour extra sleep! dont have her in the bed at night tho have a travel cot in the sitting room so she sleeps there till we go to bed then into her cot beside our bed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Chesty LaRue

Probably not the best idea but hey when you not getting any sleep you will put them ANYWHERE they will sleep :-) I think some kids are happy in their own space and others like the comfort and security of co-sleeping. Whatever works for you.....I have two, (one co-slept, the other didn't)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Just wondering what people think of having the baby in bed with you, good or bad idea? Do yoy find it makes it harder to get them to sleep on their own if you always have them in bed? Personally dont think its a good idea, unless to get him to go back asleep for an hour in the morning, whereas if my other half had it his way our son would be in with us every night!
    Bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement