Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing off on 2nd year visa

Options
  • 15-09-2011 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I recently put an add up on gumtree looking for regional work for me and my girlfriends 2nd year visa. I got a text a few days later saying that they have no work at the moment but they could sign us both off for our visa and supply all documents and details before we sent the payment for $300 per person.

We are kind of excited getting out of the office and doing something a bit different for a while so will not be doing it, but I'm just wondering has anyone got a similiar text to this on gumtree and done it as it sounds very suspicious to me, sending documents before payment?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I know people who have done it and gotten away with it, but it's illegal and the particular offer you received is in all likelihood a straight up scam.

If you are happy to do the work then save yourself the risk and go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

DS wrote: »
    I know people who have done it and gotten away with it, but it's illegal and the particular offer you received is in all likelihood a straight up scam.

If you are happy to do the work then save yourself the risk and go for it.

I've heard of people getting away with it like you said and it's not work the risk since they're cracking down on it. We're happy to do the work somewhere and save a bit of money before travelling.

I was always under the impression that people done a few weeks work then then person gets a few quid and everyone is happy. It may or may not be a scam, how would they provide documents-there would have to be 3months payslips for concrete proof if you were aked by immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

MOD - SCAM

Firstly no illegal visa talk, this includes getting around the visa work

secondly - this is a scam, a lot of people have been caught and thrown out of the country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement