Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cop Game

Options
  • 15-09-2011 3:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I used to love playing SWAT etc on PC and liked Rainbow 6 1+2 on X-box (never played MP) and I was wondering what other decent cop games are there on X-box? Preferably commanding a team but I'll give anything a go

Cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

VEGAS and Crackdown FTWINNNIG!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thought Crackdown was pretty awful, tbh. Love Rainbow Six: Vegas, but I'm not sure I'd think of it as a cop game primarily.

Used to love the old Sierra SWAT top downers - perimeter snipers, throw phones, hostage negotiators, awesome.

The only other example I can think of is Urban Chaos from a few years back, but that takes a few uh, liberties.

Kind of strange that there aren't more, now that I think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

R 6: Vegas, both were very good and exactly what I'm looking for... Just can't find anything, I'll look up crackdown n see what it's like

IPAM wrote: »
    R 6: Vegas, both were very good and exactly what I'm looking for... Just can't find anything, I'll look up crackdown n see what it's like

Chase HQ is still the best!

Oh god, just looked at Crackdown on YouTube, definietly not what I'm looking for, looking for as realistic as possible :)

• Advertisement

Oh god, just looked at Crackdown on YouTube, definietly not what I'm looking for, looking for as realistic as possible :)

Your a gimp!:D

True crime streets of LA?

Hmmm played it before, was ok. Like I said, more on the Rainbow 6/SWAT side. FPS commanding a team, from looking online RB6 could be the only decent one!

Hmmm played it before, was ok. Like I said, more on the Rainbow 6/SWAT side. FPS commanding a team, from looking online RB6 could be the only decent one!

Its a day in the life of the guards is what your lookin for son!

Nah not tea, biscuits and bus lanes, more breach and clear :D

Nah not tea, biscuits and bus lanes, more breach and clear :D

RAWR young man you need to pay me a visit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not exactly cops (more military), but have you played GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2)? It's another Tom Clancy's/Ubisoft game where you control a squad. I think it's more outdoors than R6V, but you still get to boss around your team, telling them where to go and who to kill.

Both games should be cheap now as they were fairly early 360 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is there a new SWAT game due for 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There should be a new Rainbow Six game from Ubi, they are taking an age with this new Ghost Recon. Long over due, they need to go back to a 6-8 man squad broke up into fire teams instead of the 3 man squad and leave Vegas alone, one game was enough there.

I miss the old Police SWAT 3 and 4 on the PC. Need something like that for the consoles.

There is a real lack of SWAT/ anti terrorist squad based fps games on the market. It's all CoD, BF, Killzone one man army, go team America **** yeah tripe all over the shop.

Bring back Rogue Spear and Raven Shield for the consoles. Proper mission planning, not this MTV edited Michael Bay wham bam thank you man explosion every second to make it fun BS type gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Lethal Enforcers! :D
    (I know, I know, just Xbox games... But still, Lethal Enforcers is always worth mentioning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty far from a cop game, but I found Flashpoint Red River to be pretty decent for a squad based shooter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Gears of war is very good on co-op

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Gears of war is very good on co-op

Had Gears 2 but never gave it time :( an traded it when my BLOPS disc disappeared and needed a new one :pac:

Might give flashpoint a run!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Rainbow six was the first game that came to mind while reading the title.

Loved Swat on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

Urban Chaos was the first thing that came to my mind, wish they bring it out on the arcade or something.

But on Xbox Rainbow Six would be up there and if secret agent Splinter Cell.

There should be a new Rainbow Six game from Ubi, they are taking an age with this new Ghost Recon. Long over due, they need to go back to a 6-8 man squad broke up into fire teams instead of the 3 man squad and leave Vegas alone, one game was enough there.

I miss the old Police SWAT 3 and 4 on the PC. Need something like that for the consoles.

There is a real lack of SWAT/ anti terrorist squad based fps games on the market. It's all CoD, BF, Killzone one man army, go team America **** yeah tripe all over the shop.

Bring back Rogue Spear and Raven Shield for the consoles. Proper mission planning, not this MTV edited Michael Bay wham bam thank you man explosion every second to make it fun BS type gameplay.

Surely you mean mam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Surely you mean mam?
    More like ma'am, as in madam/madame. But hey, this is the Xbox forum, not the English forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

L.A Noire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

dead to rights retribution! picked it up new for a tenner in xtravision. dont know if its quite what your looking for but you play a cop in it and command a dog in it. i was surprised with it, wasnt expecting much from it but its a decent game.

Advertisement